Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 11th October 2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 464086)

Edit
Is the surgeon scene inserted nto Hellraiser 2 or is it just and extra ?

Just an extra, it only exists on VHS (as far as anyone knows) so it's unlikely to end up in the finished product, until some German company splices it in for some ltd edition hardbox; as the quality would be noticeably worse.

trebor8273 11th October 2015 01:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Preordered this on impulse, anyone seen it?

Attachment 171120

Order these in the 3 for £20deal on Amazon

Attachment 171121
Attachment 171122
Attachment 171123

Sobral 11th October 2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 464141)
Preordered this on impulse, anyone seen it?

WE ARE STILL HERE

Saw it, medium, at best. Well executed but not very memorable.
Then again, I saw it in a festival, my memories probably got lost with all the other movies :P

trebor8273 11th October 2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 464142)
Saw it, medium, at best. Well executed but not very memorable.
Then again, I saw it in a festival, my memories probably got lost with all the other movies :P

It only interested me because it has Barbara Crampton in it and blu Ray limited to 500 copies. Might just wait till it appears on Netflix

MacBlayne 11th October 2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 464124)
Finally managed to get a copy of the Shannon Tweed movie Face The Evil (aka No Contest 2), and preordered a couple of upcoming Slasher Video blu's, Deadly Prey and Deadliest Prey. They've been upfront about Deadly Prey though, shot on video (although some people are questioning that), it's been transferred from the only available source, a Pal Beta SP tape, so it's not going to look amazing. But the blu is only $1 more on Amazon than the dvd they're releasing, so it was a no-brainer.

Attachment 171114Attachment 171115Attachment 171116

Oh, God. No Contest. I actually had to convince friends that there was a Die Hard clone set in a beauty pageant. And that it got a sequel.

Haven't seen them since I was an impressionable teenager so I'm curious as to how they hold up.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464145)
Oh, God. No Contest. I actually had to convince friends that there was a Die Hard clone set in a beauty pageant. And that it got a sequel.

Haven't seen them since I was an impressionable teenager so I'm curious as to how they hold up.

I haven't seen the second one myself since it was released here as No Contest II on vhs, but I watched the first again about a year ago. Not the greatest action movie ever made, but pretty fun, plus I do like Shannon Tweed movies, and you can go wrong with Andrew Dice Clay as a villain.

MacBlayne 11th October 2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 464149)
I haven't seen the second one myself since it was released here as No Contest II on vhs, but I watched the first again about a year ago. Not the greatest action movie ever made, but pretty fun, plus I do like Shannon Tweed movies, and you can go wrong with Andrew Dice Clay as a villain.

Plus, you can't dislike a film that has Roddy Piper (R.I.P.) and the great Robert Davi.

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th October 2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 464151)
Plus, you can't dislike a film that has Roddy Piper (R.I.P.) and the great Robert Davi.

Damn, yeah I forgot about Hot Rod in the film!

Justin101 11th October 2015 02:34 PM

I've returned from Fopp with a small bounty of unexpected pleasures. The 88 films promotion was sadly lacking, I think those Manc's have cleared the shelves of all the good stuff. Got some other bargains though.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10...bfea18c5b2.jpg

MacBlayne 11th October 2015 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 464164)
I've returned from Fopp with a small bounty of unexpected pleasures. The 88 films promotion was sadly lacking, I think those Manc's have cleared the shelves of all the good stuff. Got some other bargains though.

Excellent buy!