Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th December 2015, 09:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Bought the 6 disc Alien Anthology set for 12 quid, going to sell my three individual Alien, Aliens and Alien Resurrection to get my money back.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default unexpected

sure someone else mentioned tales of the unexpected on this thread , got an unusual dvd box set from sainsburys for 18 quid . I say unusual as it covers the first 4 series then a few episodes from season 5. looking online 9 series were made and on amazon a complete box set is available as well as series 1 to 8 seperately but no series 9 . Seems odd my box set covers four and a bit series and only way to get full set is by getting the large pricey boxset.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
sure someone else mentioned tales of the unexpected on this thread , got an unusual dvd box set from sainsburys for 18 quid . I say unusual as it covers the first 4 series then a few episodes from season 5. looking online 9 series were made and on amazon a complete box set is available as well as series 1 to 8 seperately but no series 9 . Seems odd my box set covers four and a bit series and only way to get full set is by getting the large pricey boxset.
Yeah i picked that box set a few weeks ago,seemed a fare price for 50 episodes I thought.

Old 20th December 2015, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline View Post
Yeah i picked that box set a few weeks ago,seemed a fare price for 50 episodes I thought.
I paid £25 in a Network sale for all 112 episodes in January 2014 and i'm nowhere near finishing it yet.
plasterface and keirarts like this.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I paid £25 in a Network sale for all 112 episodes in January 2014 and i'm nowhere near finishing it yet.
yeah if im honest im finding it a hard slog,there not as good as I remember them to be.
keirarts likes this.

Old 20th December 2015, 10:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default unexpected

oh it is a fair price but i want the lot, looks like i'll just have to wait further down the line for complete series to become cheap.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
oh it is a fair price but i want the lot, looks like i'll just have to wait further down the line for complete series to become cheap.
To be honest I thought I had bought the complete set,In hindsight I doubt if I would of watched all of them .

Old 20th December 2015, 10:40 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
yeah if im honest im finding it a hard slog,there not as good as I remember them to be.
There is a drop in quality once Dahl stopped introducing them and the stories ended up written by others. Still some crackers though. It's not a slog to me i just don't dip in to it that often. I've still got six discs to watch.

Quote:
You should be able to pick it up in the next Network tv sale - probably January.
plasterface likes this.
Old 20th December 2015, 10:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There is a drop in quality once Dahl stopped introducing them and the stories ended up written by others. Still some crackers though. It's not a slog to me i just don't dip in to it that often. I've still got six discs to watch.

You should be able to pick it up in the next Network tv sale - probably January.
Yeah im just not enjoying them,which is odd cause I luv thing's like Beasts and Thriller series.

Old 20th December 2015, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yeah im just not enjoying them,which is odd cause I luv thing's like Beasts and Thriller series.
Give them a rest and go back to them later. It's not like they are a continuing series.

Like this? Share it using the links below!