Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

sjconstable 22nd December 2015 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The first batch of Arrow sale items has just arrived, more still on the way...

Justin101 22nd December 2015 03:06 PM

Oh hopefully mine will be there when I get home :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd December 2015 04:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Probably my final purchases of the year...unless something grabs me in the sales of course.

keirarts 22nd December 2015 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Huge Screen archives order of code red stuff arrived along with huge Customs bill :xmastongue:

Also two more up on the site....

Attachment 173378 Attachment 173379

Nordicdusk 22nd December 2015 06:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 173399

Very very nice steelbook shame artwork is only on one side of the inside and no title on the spine but still very nice apart from all my complaints :jollysanta:

Justin101 22nd December 2015 07:07 PM

Porky's cover getting flipped over immediately!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c98840f921.jpg

shel 22nd December 2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471836)
Probably my final purchases of the year...unless something grabs me in the sales of course.

Just curious why you're still buying dvds when blu ray equivalents are freely available? I still buy plenty of dvds still (picked up Tobe Hoopers Crocodile in the £1 shop yesterday; I'm sure it's gonna be a classic lol and Shameless' The Washing Machine just dropped through my letterbox). Just recently noticed that 88 do dvd versions of most their new slate and I wondered who was still buying them as I always thought the physical collectors did so because they're after the best visual presentation..something streaming cant provide. Cost has come right down to zero difference so legit curious! [emoji4]

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd December 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shel (Post 471873)
Just curious why you're still buying dvds when blu ray equivalents are freely available? I still buy plenty of dvds still (picked up Tobe Hoopers Crocodile in the £1 shop yesterday; I'm sure it's gonna be a classic lol and Shameless' The Washing Machine just dropped through my letterbox). Just recently noticed that 88 do dvd versions of most their new slate and I wondered who was still buying them as I always thought the physical collectors did so because they're after the best visual presentation..something streaming cant provide. Cost has come right down to zero difference so legit curious! [emoji4]

I don't have a blu-ray player. I'll get one when my dvd player goes wrong but i'm not replacing it for the sake of it.

There must still be a market for dvd's or 88 wouldn't continue with them.

plasterface 22nd December 2015 08:43 PM

dvds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 471874)
I don't have a blu-ray player. I'll get one when my dvd player goes wrong but i'm not replacing it for the sake of it.

There must still be a market for dvd's or 88 wouldn't continue with them.

the majority of releases i get are still dvds , only got a blu ray player for releases with good extras not available on dvd and i like a decent steelbook. I am probably the only person annoyed at buying 88 films on blu only for them to release them on dvd later

shel 22nd December 2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 471879)
the majority of releases i get are still dvds , only got a blu ray player for releases with good extras not available on dvd and i like a decent steelbook. I am probably the only person annoyed at buying 88 films on blu only for them to release them on dvd later

You can't get too annoyed at them when they are releasing their blus at uber cheap 8.99 a pop though ;)

I guess there is a market but when you can stream at better quality then the dvd for price of your netflix sub or whatever I find it odd people are still paying money for them. Horses for courses though! [emoji1]