Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

monkeypedro 9th January 2016 11:12 AM

15 Attachment(s)
A new year and still more discs arriving. It looks like serious damage to the wallet but many of the films were picked up around £1 each as bought dvd joblots off Ebay sellers and a few from Zoverstocks.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th January 2016 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 (Post 473550)
I have all the Signal One Releases so far but not opened any of them, now at a dilema do i keep the whole set sealed in case they are worth something in the future or just watch them.

Watch them!

Nothing is worth anything - it's all just plastic at the end of the day. Plus, it's not like I can see Signal One releases increasing in value (the exact opposite in fact) as generally speaking the only things that do increase are limited/special editions and even they have a limited non-guaranteed window of value. It's a bit of a mug's game holding on to this sort of stuff with the intent of selling it for profit.

Welcome back to the forum by the way - haven't seen you around for a while. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2016 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 473562)
Watch them!

Nothing is worth anything - it's all just plastic at the end of the day. Plus, it's not like I can see Signal One releases increasing in value (the exact opposite in fact) as generally speaking the only things that do increase are limited/special editions and even they have a limited non-guaranteed window of value. It's a bit of a mug's game holding on to this sort of stuff with the intent of selling it for profit.

Agreed.

Some dvd's still go for silly money but once a title has been released on blu then that's it. Especially when it's not a limited print run.

A film such as Gasss has had a dvd release and now a blu release, i don't see any value in not watching it. It will be a film with a limited market anyway.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2016 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First arrivals of the year.

Frankenhooker 9th January 2016 02:36 PM

Picked up Trouble Every Day, Calvaire, Braindead and The Graduate in a charity shop and Almost Human and Suits 1-3 in Head, which is sadly closing it's doors on the 14th.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th January 2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 473582)
Picked up Trouble Every Day, Calvaire, Braindead and The Graduate in a charity shop and Almost Human and Suits 1-3 in Head, which is sadly closing it's doors on the 14th.

Are Head selling things off cheap?

Frankenhooker 9th January 2016 02:58 PM

20% off the marked price on everything barring chart titles and books. This is the Bristol branch I'm on about, no idea about nationwide. I picked up Almost Human and the Suits set for around £18.

Graeme73 9th January 2016 03:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up this steelie from Zavvi for under a tenner.

Hadn't seen it in years, and then only a cut version on VHS.

Not a classic by any means, but I 'enjoyed' it in that dark, unnerving sort of way. Plus it's uncut. I'll keep it.

anythinggoes78 9th January 2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 473562)
Watch them!

Welcome back to the forum by the way - haven't seen you around for a while. :)

cheers been rather busy with work recently still slowly adding to the DVDs and Blu's they were always brought with the intention of watching its just i never had time and before i knew it i had 8 sealed Blus ann in numerical order, and the collector in me kicks in harder, im sure ill watch them one day

dis 9th January 2016 05:54 PM

hi guys, recently received/still waiting for

k3 prison of hell 2 disc hard box uncut
rossa venizza 2 disc hard box uncut
chain reaction uncut
Singapore sling uncut

awaiting collar, uncut

thanks