Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vipco 9th December 2009 04:44 PM

I picked up Night of the Living Dead BR disc today in GameStop for £11.99.

Rob Strange 9th December 2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 52470)
Watched the BD of Bram Stoker's Dracula the other night and it looked and sounded amazing. A top-notch transfer of a guilty pleasure. :)

It's not a bad film at all. Maybe disappointing for a Coppola flick - but still well worth the watch - not least for Monica Bellucci. ;)

vincenzo 9th December 2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 52470)
Watched the BD of Bram Stoker's Dracula the other night and it looked and sounded amazing. A top-notch transfer of a guilty pleasure. :)

Out of curiosity what did you think of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th December 2009 10:34 PM

I enjoyed that one as well Vince.

That's good to hear about BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA Dae,it's sitting on my to watch pile and I must admit,I'm a big fan of this film.
I thought Oldman made a cunning Count and Hopkins made a great Van Helsing.Perhaps he based his perf on Cushing's previous outings....
The way he kills vamps with zest!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th December 2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 52474)
I picked up Night of the Living Dead BR disc today in GameStop for £11.99.

Which label Vips?
Hopefully it was the Optimum disc,as the Network version is apparently awful!

vipco 9th December 2009 11:04 PM

Yeah mate, Optimum Home, but it aint great for extras, just a doc on George.
I picked the Hardgore release of this in Poundland and you got the B/W & Colourised prints plus extras for a quid.

Lands (fav Dead movie) next once I get HMV to order it in, but I think i'll skip Dairy.

They had the STARZ 'Dawn of the Dead' as well for £11.99 but there was no region on the cover. (I got ARROW's anyway)

Does anyone know if Last House on the Left remake is good PO,? as you get the Theatrical and Extended cut in the one set....... Im tempted.
A shop I go has it 4 for £30 BluRay's.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th December 2009 11:07 PM

LAST HOUSE remake on BR is great Vips.
A good film as well.As good as,if not better than Craven's original.
Recommended

vipco 9th December 2009 11:25 PM

Thanks mate, you've never steered me wrong so far ,so i'll pick it up when im in town on Monday.

Can anyone recommend Dead Space, movie ways.?

Daemonia 10th December 2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 52516)
Out of curiosity what did you think of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?

I thought it was decent enough, if nothing really outstanding. The only downside is that they play up the costume melodrama side of things a bit too much. That is to say, not quite enough horror. Then again, what did we expect from Branagh, he is a Shakespearean actor, after all. ;)

Some nice set pieces though and the set design is terrific. Not sure about De Niro as the creature though, he never seemed very comfortable in the role. And even at the time, in interviews, De Niro didn't seem to quite grasp the concept of the story - it's a uniquely gothic/European story, and I think that was lost on him. Not that De Niro is stupid, but Americans have a totally different sensibility to Europeans and don't have a history and heritage like Europe does. Which does help in appreciating gothic horror IMO.

Pete 10th December 2009 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got this off e-bay:

Attachment 3718

I already have the Argent and AWE discs but i wanted this one for Castellari's commentary.