Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 476871)
Wont improve the film though ;):lol:

The Mutilator was one of the few dual releases i was going to buy on release. Glad i forgot now. Especially following reading Stephen's review this morning.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th February 2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 476879)
The Mutilator was one of the few dual releases i was going to buy on release. Glad i forgot now. Especially following reading Stephen's review this morning.

Well, I watched it again with the 2 commentaries, and it's not quite as terrible on the second viewing. Not a good film by any means (how many of these types of films really are?), but not the worst i've seen. Can't remember if it was the producer or director in the documentary who said they watched it again and it was better than they remembered. That'll probably tell you all you need to know. In the meantime....

http://youtu.be/AWXmVQWv2pg

keirarts 6th February 2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 476874)
I really like the Mutilator

I like it enough to pay cash money to get it direct, but I cannot in good conscience say its a 'good' movie. I think it has a lot of charm.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 476881)
I like it enough to pay cash money to get it direct, but I cannot in good conscience say its a 'good' movie. I think it has a lot of charm.

Honest answer here.

I was thinking of ordering the combo steelies of Lifeboat and Island of Lost Souls from Amazon along with a couple of cd's to make it free delivery.

Would i be better getting The Mutilator instead?

It's a serious question as i haven't seen any of the three.

I should add it's the music i want, the combos were to make it up to free delivery, not the other way round.

Nordicdusk 6th February 2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 476883)
Honest answer here.

I was thinking of ordering the combo steelies of Lifeboat and Island of Lost Souls from Amazon along with a couple of cd's to make it free delivery.

Lifeboat and Island of Lost souls would be my choice.

keirarts 6th February 2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

Honest answer here.

Well....

Lifeboat & Island of lost souls are both excellent films, genuinely great films that you should enjoy. Mutilator is entertaining trash with a hateful cast and some great gore effects..

So it depends what mood your in!

J Harker 6th February 2016 11:20 PM

Island of Lost Souls is brilliant.
Lifeboat's not bad either.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th February 2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 476885)
Well....

Lifeboat & Island of lost souls are both excellent films, genuinely great films that you should enjoy. Mutilator is entertaining trash with a hateful cast and some great gore effects..

So it depends what mood your in!

I may have bought something similar on Friday when i picked up Charley's Farm.

I'm hedging towards a lifeboat to the island of lost souls.

I'll see what responses are like come morning.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th February 2016 09:34 AM

Quote:

Honest answer here.

I should add it's the music i want, the combos were to make it up to free delivery, not the other way round.

Hell no!

Get Lifeboat (one of my favourite Hitchcock films) and Island of Lost Souls instead! The Mutilator has its charms for sure, but it's definitely 'B' (or even 'C') grade slasher territory - many would argue even 'Z' :tongue1: (Blood Rage is much better in my opinion).

I guess it does depend on what you're in the mood for though - they're all very different films after all. However, The Mutilator will be in the Arrow sales in a few months at around £8.99 no doubt so you might want to wait until then and save yourself a few £s and get some reward points too.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th February 2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 476899)
Hell no!

Get Lifeboat (one of my favourite Hitchcock films) and Island of Lost Souls instead! The Mutilator has its charms for sure, but it's definitely 'B' (or even 'C') grade slasher territory - many would argue even 'Z' :tongue1: (Blood Rage is much better in my opinion).

I guess it does depend on what you're in the mood for though - they're all very different films after all. However, The Mutilator will be in the Arrow sales in a few months at around £8.99 no doubt so you might want to wait until then and save yourself a few £s and get some reward points too.

Definitely the most convincing argument. :nod:

The two steelies are the better films plus the sale factor. Hell yes!