Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 14th February 2016 10:57 AM

16 Attachment(s)
Happy birthday to VIPP, I hit 30 in 2010 so can remember all the goodies being reclassified once that dreadful Tit James Ferman left office. Curiously I'm still waiting for the working class power tool massacre and wave of schoolgirl possessions that berk predicted would ensue with releases of Texas chainsaw and The exorcist!

A few pickups online, HMV and charity shops. Z cancelled my Spacehunter (odd I didn't even 'encourage' them to drop their price on that one!) but found the double bill with Krull for around the £3 mark. What the peeper saw is from a uk seller who had it listed at the more palatable price of £18 rather than the £30+ a lot of places have it for. Cloud atlas and All superheroes must die (a sentiment some film fans probably agree with) were £2.49 BOGOF in Preston PDSA. Now I have Kwaidan expect a Eureaka release some time soon! :lol:

plasterface 14th February 2016 11:02 AM

born in 1980 so a child of the eighties , always liked ghosts and monsters as a kid . But my mam never let me watch any horrors till i was about 13 despite my mates watching Freddy and Jason films when they were 10. I Remember the second video nasty scare with child's play 3 and thinking woah they must be pretty sick films. My dad got first 3 hellraiser films on vhs and thought the first one was goriest film he had see and if I could handle that i could handle any film. Talk about a gateway drug.

MuckyFunster 14th February 2016 11:40 AM

I was born in 1985. My first memory of horror films was being taken to the video shops with my dad and being drawn towards the scary covers. I went to my dads every other weekend and we would always get a video out. The ones I remember the most clearly are the Fright Night film cases. Then when Predator 2 came out in the video shop my dad bought their display - a 6 foot tall cardboard cut out of the Predator which was all holographic silver, which he took home and it eventually ended up in the corner of my bedroom and stayed there for many years. Some years later the first horror film I really got into was The Fly 2 which my mate had on VHS and we would watch regularly. Once I got a tv in my room I would sit up and watch "Out There" with Emily Blunt, took notes, and went from there.

The first horrors I bought myself were ex-rental Vipco VHS tapes, and my prized VHS copy of Evil Dead 2. I had a fair old collection of them back in the day, but flogged them all on eBay once I started buying DVDs.

I think the only VHS tape I still have is an Australian release of "Don's Party".

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th February 2016 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 477931)
What the peeper saw is from a uk seller who had it listed at the more palatable price of £18 rather than the £30+ a lot of places have it for.

Is this a blu or special edition of some sort?

The reason i'm asking is i got mine on dvd delivered yesterday morning from Allyourmusic via the marketplace for just over a tenner and it's still that price.

It's not one up-man-ship or anything, just wondered why the huge price difference?

keirarts 14th February 2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 477947)
Is this a blu or special edition of some sort?

The reason i'm asking is i got mine on dvd delivered yesterday morning from Allyourmusic via the marketplace for just over a tenner and it's still that price.

It's not one up-man-ship or anything, just wondered why the huge price difference?

VCI released it on Blu-ray as well. Apparently quite a limited pressing.

What the Peeper Saw (BLU-RAY): Amazon.co.uk: Mark Lester, Britt Ekland, James Kelly: DVD & Blu-ray

According to the seller its region B friendly as well.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th February 2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 477955)
VCI released it on Blu-ray as well. Apparently quite a limited pressing.

What the Peeper Saw (BLU-RAY): Amazon.co.uk: Mark Lester, Britt Ekland, James Kelly: DVD & Blu-ray

According to the seller its region B friendly as well.

Thanks K. It made me wonder. I've never seen it before, the film that is.

This may astound anyone interested but i'll probably save it to watch until my Christmas horror marathon. :crazy:

Rik 15th February 2016 08:53 AM

This: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...dition/889426/

Justin101 15th February 2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 478001)

Looks good!

Rik 15th February 2016 09:16 AM

Yeah, limited to 2000 too.

J Harker 15th February 2016 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 478001)

Quote: