Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2016 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 479228)
Another purchaser of Crimson Peak.

Since Decemberdike isn't watching his copy for a while I hope we'll see some more reviews of this one. :nod:

My copy arrived a couple of days ago, and I plan to write a few lines about it when I have chance.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th February 2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 479233)
My copy arrived a couple of days ago, and I plan to write a few lines about it when I have chance.

Good man! :thumb:

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th February 2016 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 479223)

What made you buy Merlin, Treb?

Did you watch it on transmission? I love it, it's a great show, particularly series 3-5. It's got it's audience by then, leaves the villain of the week largely by the wayside and gets on with it's plot.

Shame it finished at the end of season 5. The BBC wanted it to continue as it was pulling 6m viewers in against The X-Factor, but it's creators and cast called it a day to go onto better things.

Susan Foreman 24th February 2016 08:11 PM

Unlikely I'm going to get anything else before the end of the month, so purchases for February were:

ARROW DIRECT (Sale):
The Visitor
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Coffy
Blood And Black Lace
The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Miss Osbourne
The Hound Of The Baskervilles
Nightmare City
Contamination
Eaten Alive
Madman

Charity Shops:
X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 2 Disc 'Rogue' Cut - £1.50
WCW War Games - 3 Disc - £1.50
Squeeze: Greatest Hits - £1:99

FOPP
A Blade In The Dark - 88Films
Nightmares In A Damaged Brain - 88Films - Blu-Ray
Zombi Holocaust - 88Films
Anthropophagus - 88Films
Bloodsucking Freaks - 88 Films
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers - 88Films - Blu-Ray

Amazon:
Cockpit - Swedish Cross-dressing Film
The New Girlfriend - French Cross-dressing Film
Hit And Miss - The Complete 1st Series
Doctor Who: The Underwater Menace
The Who: Live In Hyde Park 2015
Rush: R-40

trebor8273 24th February 2016 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 479239)

Did you watch it on transmission? I love it, it's a great show, particularly series 3-5. It's got it's audience by then, leaves the villain of the week largely by the wayside and gets on with it's plot.

Shame it finished at the end of season 5. The BBC wanted it to continue as it was pulling 6m viewers in against The X-Factor, but it's creators and cast called it a day to go onto better things.

Never seen it, found it cheap in a charity store

trebor8273 24th February 2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Not seen it, fond it chea in a charity store

J Harker 24th February 2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

There's a clearance sale on at Network at the minute, i see Merlins included
http://networkonair.com/shop/134-clearance
I lost patience with it after a while, the whole Merlin earning Arthurs respect by the end of every episode only to be treated like a twat again at the start of the next one wore thin very quick for me.

trebor8273 24th February 2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 479255)
There's a clearance sale on at Network at the minute, i see Merlins included
Network ON AIR > Network Online Clearance Shop - Buy Online bargains Now - Networkonair
I lost patience with it after a while, the whole Merlin earning Arthurs respect by the end of every episode only to be treated like a twat again at the start of the next one wore thin very quick for me.

Watched a few episodes and enjoying it but Arthur is a giant cock end , but I suppose that the point for Merlin to teach him how to be a better man than his father. Mind I don't understand why merlin is the same age as Arthur should he not be a lot older

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th February 2016 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 479257)
Watched a few episodes and enjoying it but Arthur is a giant cock end , but I suppose that the point for Merlin to teach him how to be a better man than his father. Mind I don't understand why merlin is the same age as Arthur should he not be a lot older

When you watch the very last episode it might become apparent. :nod:

iank 24th February 2016 11:42 PM

Arrived:

http://images3.static-bluray.com/mov...1716_large.jpg