Like Tree151370Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2016, 07:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Tickets booked for batman vs superman for Saturday
I'm going to go on Monday or Tuesday I think.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd March 2016, 07:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm going to go on Monday or Tuesday I think.
prob see it on fri but it's getting awful reviews, i was'nt a fan of man of steel
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default purchases

hmv in newcastle splurge:
3 for 20 blu rays videodrome, zardoz, jaws
the lobster (love this film) dvd £6:99
audition steelbook , love the fim, steel book cover awful , was back in stock for 15 quid and i know they are going quick so ending up buying one.

also from local forbidden planet , a re-animator anthology book , the cover seems to be modelled on Jeffrey Combs and the dean from the film so puzzled why the guy holding his own head does'nt look like Carl Hill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg re.jpg (10.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
prob see it on fri but it's getting awful reviews, i was'nt a fan of man of steel
I have an unlimited cinema membership so no big deal if it's really bad, but then again it's a waste of 2.5hrs I might see what the consensus is after the opening weekend and if it's really bad go and see something else instead Like Zootropolis
keirarts likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd March 2016, 08:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasterface View Post
Well this could kill DCs film universe before it even gets of the ground, well if it's bad sucide squad is going to have to be exceptional if they hope to compete with marvel.

But looking online it seems one of those films the critics don't like but the public do, public review on the whole seem a lot more positive. But I'm going in with low expectations so if it's poor I won't be to disappointed
keirarts likes this.
Old 23rd March 2016, 08:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default batman

i'll give it benefit of doubt, i 'd recommend high rise for a cinema view
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

All being well I'm going on the weekend, can't wait. I for one thought Man of Steel was superb.
Old 24th March 2016, 05:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm seeing BvS in IMAX 3D tomorrow afternoon (finallyyyyyy) so will post my thoughts. One thing I will say is - a lot of people are saying it has editing & pacing issues, but we already know there's a 3 hour director's cut coming to Blu-ray, so I feel pretty confident those issues will be fixed in that version. Snyder's 3 hour director's cut of Watchmen is excellent in my opinion.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 24th March 2016, 07:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well this could kill DCs film universe before it even gets of the ground, well if it's bad sucide squad is going to have to be exceptional if they hope to compete with marvel.

But looking online it seems one of those films the critics don't like but the public do, public review on the whole seem a lot more positive. But I'm going in with low expectations so if it's poor I won't be to disappointed
While I'm a little hesitant over suicide squad given that they seem to have given captain effing boomerang a dark and gritty makeover, I'm fond of David Ayers work as a director so think it should be a fun film. Not at all certain about BVS. I didn't loathe Man of Steel but I thought they could do better. I think the problem is Snyder, the only film of his I liked was Watchmen..

Anyway back to topic. Payday has come so I've picked up a few things off my wishlist. No Zoverstocks specials so a lot of them were the normal price one would expect with the exception of Mr Smith which is currently about £5.63. I rather like the film and the mediabook looks interesting.

mr smith.jpg the bubble.jpg

body double.jpg highway.jpg
Old 24th March 2016, 09:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
While I'm a little hesitant over suicide squad given that they seem to have given captain effing boomerang a dark and gritty makeover, I'm fond of David Ayers work as a director so think it should be a fun film. Not at all certain about BVS. I didn't loathe Man of Steel but I thought they could do better. I think the problem is Snyder, the only film of his I liked was Watchmen..

Anyway back to topic. Payday has come so I've picked up a few things off my wishlist. No Zoverstocks specials so a lot of them were the normal price one would expect with the exception of Mr Smith which is currently about £5.63. I rather like the film and the mediabook looks interesting.

Attachment 176995 Attachment 176996

Attachment 176997 Attachment 176998
i have little interest in suicide squad myself, if it wasn't for Harley Quinn it wouldn't get half the interest it gets
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!