Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

oaxaca 4th January 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 119858)
Cheers for the heads up oaxaca. I'm trying to build my Spaghetti Western collection & I've not seen any Fulci ones yet, so I've just ordered this.

It's kinda made up for my disappointment of preordering Faccia a faccia on blu only to be informed it's now only gonna be a dvd release. :(

(Still probably pick up the dvd up anyway)

No worries!

I was looking forward to Faccia a Faccia too, its a real shame its not coming out on Blu. Was also looking forward to Django 'til I found out it was the only Blue Underground release to be region A locked! Could always buy the Italy-released Il Mio Nome E Nessuno (My Name Is Nobody), but I would have to learn Italian to watch it. We do at least have the 'the man with no name' trilogy and I think Once Upon a Time in the West is coming out on Blu eventually so at least the Leone westerns are well catered for in HD.

pedromonkey 4th January 2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 119858)
Cheers for the heads up oaxaca. I'm trying to build my Spaghetti Western collection & I've not seen any Fulci ones yet, so I've just ordered this.

as most blu's are out of my price range and so are some of the dvds, i came across these boxsets that contain 5 spaghetti westerns...they were all less than 5.00 each...

VIGILANTE WESTERN COLLECTION DVD

DEAD OR ALIVE WESTERN COLLECTION DVD

kingofwitches666 4th January 2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 119863)
No worries!

I was looking forward to Faccia a Faccia too, its a real shame its not coming out on Blu. Was also looking forward to Django 'til I found out it was the only Blue Underground release to be region A locked! Could always buy the Italy-released Il Mio Nome E Nessuno (My Name Is Nobody), but I would have to learn Italian to watch it. We do at least have the 'the man with no name' trilogy and I think Once Upon a Time in the West is coming out on Blu eventually so at least the Leone westerns are well catered for in HD.

Yeah I was looking at the blu for Django. I have the Blue Underground dvd of it so I might upgrade. Luckly I have a multi region blu-ray player so region locks are no problem :thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 119864)
as most blu's are out of my price range and so are some of the dvds, i came across these boxsets that contain 5 spaghetti westerns...they were all less than 5.00 each...

VIGILANTE WESTERN COLLECTION DVD

DEAD OR ALIVE WESTERN COLLECTION DVD

Cheers for the links pedro, will defintely check them out. :)

Eurosleaze 4th January 2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 118883)
Do you now own all of the Shameless DVDs, Eurosleaze? There were a great many in your latest haul.

Haven't got them yet, but no. Only own the one Shameless disc at the moment (Late Night Trains), so by the time these come I'll probably have about half the collection.

nekromantik 4th January 2011 11:09 PM

just seen the 2D version of Pirahna and my god was some of the CGI bad ha ha
guess as the CGI was done in 3D, it will look better in real 3D.

Inspector Tanzi 4th January 2011 11:11 PM

Starring Daniel Auteuil, GĂ©rard Depardieu and Valeria Golino.

Vrinks (Auteuil) and Klein (Depardieu) are two high ranking police detectives in charge of different squads on the trail of a gang of crooks commiting violent robberies in Paris. The Chief of the police department tells them that he is moving on and giving up his post and whoever out of the pair of them stops the villains can take over his role in charge. It seems they will do anything to get the position.

Recommended.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q.../spara2/36.jpg

Gigantor 5th January 2011 03:04 AM

Night of the demons
prom night

Vampix 5th January 2011 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119732)
Can't be arsed with that Social Network myself, looks boring.

what's next, "The Wikipedia Story".

I've seen it and was totally underwhelmed, and this from the director of Seven. :bored:

PaulRobinson 5th January 2011 07:12 AM

Bit of 'student loan spending spree' so now patiently waiting...

Battle Royale Blu-ray
Deep Red Blu-ray
Bay of Blood Blu-ray
Pre-ordered The Beyond Blu-ray
The Mutilator DVD

And, the piste de resistance...

The Goonies 25th Anniversary Blu-ray from the States with board game!

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th January 2011 01:44 PM

Bloody digipaks!!! :rant: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119732)
what's next, "The Wikipedia Story".

Would the tagline be....A story of lies and conjecture? :lol:

Just ordered teh HMV exclusives of Steven Seagal's On Deadly Ground and Hard To Kill. I already have HTK on a double feature with Above The Law though.