Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

fuzzymctiger 3rd April 2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 483731)
anyone know what the grindhouse cut of burial ground is? also anyone seen thief never seen it before, but have heard good things

Thief is absolutely amazing and I think its one of the best films Arrow has released. The score is perfect! I used some of the robbery scenes on the Arrow blu to test run my new computer, monitor and headphones recently, so that's how good the disc is as well

trebor8273 3rd April 2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 483733)
The grindhouse version is basically an unrestored version of the film. Its pretty battered looking.

Thief is f*****g awesome.

thanks, going finish watching the man in the high castle and will give thief a watch

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd April 2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 483738)
Because i own so many movies (approx 10000) and i do have them on a database at home on my laptop when i am shopping and not sure if i have bought a movie already i would rather pay 50p and buy it then do a 20 mile round trip to check it as would cost more in petrol to do so. It is very rare that this happens.

:shocked:

:yo:

platostotal 3rd April 2016 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 483733)

Thief is f*****g awesome.

Agree 100%, play it loud if you can, Tangerine Dream bliss.

platostotal 3rd April 2016 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 483738)
Because i own so many movies (approx 10000) and i do have them on a database at home on my laptop when i am shopping and not sure if i have bought a movie already.

I've been there loads of times, stood in a shop with a disc in my hand wondering if I have it or not, a bit like a dvd zombie:lol::lol: been lucky and only re-bought once, at Poundland (2disc dvd Die another Day, forgetting I have it on BD already:mmph:)

J Harker 3rd April 2016 05:46 PM

I've not bought films because i was sure i already add them. Went to get Serenity to watch the other week and was genuinely surprised i didn't own it.

nosferatu42 3rd April 2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 483776)
I've been there loads of times, stood in a shop with a disc in my hand wondering if I have it or not, a bit like a dvd zombie:lol::lol: been lucky and only re-bought once, at Poundland (2disc dvd Die another Day, forgetting I have it on BD already:mmph:)

i wouldn't even buy it once.;)

Justin101 3rd April 2016 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 483777)
I've not bought films because i was sure i already add them. Went to get Serenity to watch the other week and was genuinely surprised i didn't own it.

It's on Netflix now if you still don't have it, I'm kinda in the mood to watch Serenity now too (I do own it lol).

J Harker 3rd April 2016 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 483783)
It's on Netflix now if you still don't have it, I'm kinda in the mood to watch Serenity now too (I do own it lol).

Yeah I've bought it since. I was positive I'd picked it up on dvd around release.

VeZius 4th April 2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 483776)

The DVD has lots of extras that are not on the BD, so it wasn't in vain if you care about that stuff.