Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd April 2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 486973)
The middle one in the photo?

Yeah, that's the one, the 1990 film. I actually quite liked it.

tele1962 23rd April 2016 08:58 PM

Cannibal Ferox (Grindhouse Blu Ray). :)

Nordicdusk 24th April 2016 10:15 AM

Anyone know if anyone else is going to release The Blob 1988 on blu ray other than paying €70 for the Twilight Time one off amazon.

keirarts 24th April 2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 487001)
Anyone know if anyone else is going to release The Blob 1988 on blu ray other than paying €70 for the Twilight Time one off amazon.

The difficulty is its a sony uk title so they seem to prefer sitting on their back catalogue and doing nothing with it. I know Criterion seem to be getting some of their titles for UK release but firms like Arrow and 88 are basically being refused access to their back catalogue. However keep an eye out for Europe or Australia as they seem to have rights owners who actually want to make money.

Justin101 24th April 2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 487001)

There is a German version available soon,

The Blob Blu-ray: Der Blob | Limited Edition Mediabook (Germany)

It doesn't come out for 2 months but it's only €20 at the moment and they always have an English track available, not usually english subs though is that's an issue.

Justin101 24th April 2016 11:36 AM

There is a Spanish one too, but I get stressed out (annoyed) that Spanish discs have the title the wrong way around on the spine :lol:

The Blob Blu-ray (Spain)

However that one is €12

monkeypedro 24th April 2016 08:48 PM

14 Attachment(s)
This weeks haul.

Managed to get the 10 disc bundle including Kidnapped and Black Sun for a fiver from Ebay and Finally got a cheap copy of the HKL dvd of Sex and Zen thanks to MM and now only need one more title to complete the collection.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487056)
This weeks haul.

Managed to get the 10 disc bundle including Kidnapped and Black Sun for a fiver from Ebay and Finally got a cheap copy of the HKL dvd of Sex and Zen thanks to MM and now only need one more title to complete the collection.

I really liked Skin Trade. Won't give anything away incase you haven't seen it, but I hope they make another one.

monkeypedro 24th April 2016 09:13 PM

I saw it when it was released last April on VOD but was just waiting for a cheap bluray for the collection and managed to get it for £3.20 off Ebay.

I am a sucker for anything with Dolph Lundgren in and i am so looking forward to Kindergarden Cop 2 when it is released next month.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487059)
looking forward to Kindergarden Cop 2 when it is released next month.

Thanks for reminding me! I'll be getting that.