Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487056)
This weeks haul.

What is that American Werewolf in London set?

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 09:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unless I can't find the listings, it doesn't look like Kindergarten Cop 2 is getting a blu-ray release in the UK or US, so I had to order the German version.

Attachment 178031

monkeypedro 24th April 2016 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 487061)
What is that American Werewolf in London set?

It is the out of print steelbook edition of American Werewolf.

J Harker 24th April 2016 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487059)
I saw it when it was released last April on VOD but was just waiting for a cheap bluray for the collection and managed to get it for £3.20 off Ebay.

I am a sucker for anything with Dolph Lundgren in and i am so looking forward to Kindergarden Cop 2 when it is released next month.

There was a time when Lundgren was one of my favourite action stars. Red Scorpion, Dark Angel, The Punisher, Men of War, Showdown in Little Tokyo and Universal Soldier were some of my most watched films (though I've not seen any for a long while). Then for some reason i lost track of his output. A few duffs if I recall, Pentathlon being one, Bridge of Dragons(?) another.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487060)
Thanks for reminding me! I'll be getting that.

Have you actually seen it yet Stephen?

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487063)
It is the out of print steelbook edition of American Werewolf.

It has rather nice artwork. I like it.:nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487064)
There was a time when Lundgren was one of my favourite action stars. Red Scorpion, Dark Angel, The Punisher, Men of War, Showdown in Little Tokyo and Universal Soldier were some of my most watched films (though I've not seen any for a long while). Then for some reason i lost track of his output. A few duffs if I recall, Pentathlon being one, Bridge of Dragons(?) another.

Have you actually seen it yet Stephen?

I haven't. But I'm still a fan of Lundgren's. Even though I stil follow Van Damme & Seagal and have enjoyed most of their direct to dvd/blu-ray films , I've found Lundgren's recent ones more enjoyable.

sjconstable 24th April 2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 487056)
Finally got a cheap copy of the HKL dvd of Sex and Zen thanks to MM and now only need one more title to complete the collection.

Dreadnaught?

J Harker 24th April 2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 487066)
I haven't. But I'm still a fan of Lundgren's. Even though I stil follow Van Damme & Seagal and have enjoyed most of their direct to dvd/blu-ray films , I've found Lundgren's recent ones more enjoyable.

I started watching a Lundgren film the other day only got to watch about 20 mins, looked good though, had Michael Parè as the villain, a dodgy sheriff of some little desert town. Can't remember the title.

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th April 2016 10:39 PM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487071)
I started watching a Lundgren film the other day only got to watch about 20 mins, looked good though, had Michael Parè as the villain, a dodgy sheriff of some little desert town. Can't remember the title.

The Good, The Bad, And The Dead, also known as Forgotten, or 4Got10. One of the few Dolph films I haven't seen.

J Harker 24th April 2016 10:40 PM

Does it have another title? I remember it being something odd like a code. Hang on I'm off to imdb...