Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151383Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2016, 03:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I thought these were quite a bargain considering they were £20 each last week.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th April 2016, 03:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
even Iron man 2 (the weakest) was much, much better than that rotten mess Batman V superman.... a case of burn the negatives and start again.
I've just been to see it for a fifth time, the friend I went with this time said it was a lot better than she was expecting and she hated Man of Steel. The only person I know who didn't enjoy BvS is my dad, but he didn't like the Dark Knight trilogy either. My mum on the other hand thought BvS was awesome and wants to watch it again when it cones out on Blu-ray.

I think it's one of the most criminally underrated films of all time, and that will be even more clear once the director's cut comes out.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th April 2016, 04:00 PM
Cult Master

It's unlikely I will be getting anything else before the end of the month, so April purchases were:

FOPP:
Creepozoids - 88 Films - £3:00
Behind The Candelabra - Blu-Ray - £3:00
The 'Burbs - Arrow - Blu-Ray - £6:00

Charity:
The Beast* - Borowczyk - Unrated - Nouveaux Pictures label - £1:00
Evil Death Trap* - Unrated Cat. III - Japan Shock Video label - £1:00
Naked Blood* - Unrated Cat. III - Japan Shock Video label - £1:00
Naked Poison* - Unrated Cat. III - Universal Laser And Video label - £1:00
Red To Kill* - Unrated Cat. III - Universal Laser And Video label - £1:00
Cheeky* - Arrow pre-white-cover version - £1:00
Hitch-Hike* - Anchor Bay - £1:00
Cat People - 1982 version - £1:00

* - Looks like there was a real sicko pervert, living in my small town. Doubt if the British Heart Foundation knew what they were taking delivery of. Mind you, they are all blind buys, and I have no idea what I have taken delivery of!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th April 2016, 04:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Evil Death Trap* - Unrated Cat. III - Japan Shock Video label - £1:00
Naked Blood* - Unrated Cat. III - Japan Shock Video label - £1:00
Naked Poison* - Unrated Cat. III - Universal Laser And Video label - £1:00
Red To Kill* - Unrated Cat. III - Universal Laser And Video label - £1:00

Mind you, they are all blind buys, and I have no idea what I have taken delivery of!!
Evil Dead Trap is awesome. Highly recommend it. UK version is cut.
The Naked's are so-so, hope you like gore!
Red to Kill has the best mad rapist of any film...ever! If you can get past the whiney voice of Ming and the ridiculous sub titles which will make you laugh, there is a lot of fun to be had.
Real bargains there, I've seen Red to Kill go for £25 on Fleabay!!
Old 26th April 2016, 06:06 PM
Cultist in Training

Managed to get my hands on Krampus, Sleepaway Camp II and Sleepaway Camp III.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th April 2016, 07:00 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
I've just been to see it for a fifth time, the friend I went with this time said it was a lot better than she was expecting and she hated Man of Steel. The only person I know who didn't enjoy BvS is my dad, but he didn't like the Dark Knight trilogy either. My mum on the other hand thought BvS was awesome and wants to watch it again when it cones out on Blu-ray.

I think it's one of the most criminally underrated films of all time, and that will be even more clear once the director's cut comes out.
You see I love comic book movies and actually thought man of steel was for the most part underrated. The bits that peed me off were changing Pa Kents demise in a really rottten way and the whole ending.

Batman Vs Superman to me was very poorly written. It has stuff in I like. The scene of Bruce in Metropolis was excellent, Affleck as Bats was genuinely great and wonder woman shows a lot of promise.
The main problem is the dreadful script. Lex Luthor has absolutely no motivation in the film whatsoever and just spends his time twitching and wanking. His whole plan is predicated on him knowing bats secret identity, allowing him to steal the kryptonite and goading him to fight superman. I appreciate saving revelations about character motivations for surprise reveals but the whole film feels like it was hastily written on the fly. His plan literally makes no sense.
I still have high hopes for Affleks Batman solo film as he actually can write and direct a film, also hopefully suicide squad will work in spite of my reservations.
Old 27th April 2016, 07:03 AM
Cult Addict

on a more positive note, pleased as punch to get this...

deadly camp.jpg

HK slasher flick set on a remote island. Has an incredibly dodgy scene where Tony Wong has to wank off a handicapped lad to avoid getting killed by his chainsaw wielding father.

Better written than Batman V superman!
Old 27th April 2016, 07:16 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
You see I love comic book movies and actually thought man of steel was for the most part underrated. The bits that peed me off were changing Pa Kents demise in a really rottten way and the whole ending.

Batman Vs Superman to me was very poorly written. It has stuff in I like. The scene of Bruce in Metropolis was excellent, Affleck as Bats was genuinely great and wonder woman shows a lot of promise.
The main problem is the dreadful script. Lex Luthor has absolutely no motivation in the film whatsoever and just spends his time twitching and wanking. His whole plan is predicated on him knowing bats secret identity, allowing him to steal the kryptonite and goading him to fight superman. I appreciate saving revelations about character motivations for surprise reveals but the whole film feels like it was hastily written on the fly. His plan literally makes no sense.
I still have high hopes for Affleks Batman solo film as he actually can write and direct a film, also hopefully suicide squad will work in spite of my reservations.
Man of Steel was brilliant, i loved the whole thing. Batman vs.Superman was initially very disappointing, despite having some good stuff going on. But I've found as I've thought about it over the weeks since watching it, I'm finding more and more flaws.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 27th April 2016, 07:28 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Man of Steel was brilliant, i loved the whole thing. Batman vs.Superman was initially very disappointing, despite having some good stuff going on. But I've found as I've thought about it over the weeks since watching it, I'm finding more and more flaws.
Thing is, I'll probably give the directors cut a go. It might have all the missing plot put back in. If not I'll probably give it another roasting on here.
Old 27th April 2016, 07:31 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Thing is, I'll probably give the directors cut a go. It might have all the missing plot put back in. If not I'll probably give it another roasting on here.
Likewise. I so want it to be a better film than it is. Hopefully the directors cut will have different scens altogether, like Jessie Eisenberg playing Lex Luthor instead of some odd take on The Joker. And maybe give Batman his brain back. Amidst all the gadgets and combat the guys meant to be a detective, well he failed to detect shit in this film.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!