Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Justin101 29th April 2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 487810)
A day which is shockingly fast for Zaavi

Hopefully I'll have mine tomorrow so I can watch over the weekend. I'm excited to see the remaster in motion.

J Harker 29th April 2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 487810)
A day which is shockingly fast for Zaavi

My Spielberg set came really quick too. I've always found Zavvi quite fast.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487802)
Picked this up in Asda this afternoon
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...48a914b80a.jpg

One of many films I wish I could see for the first time again.

J Harker 29th April 2016 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 487821)
One of many films I wish I could see for the first time again.

Absolutely. I really didn't appreciate what i was going into first time and didn't give it the time and attention it deserved. Brilliant film, probably David Finchers best work.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 487824)
Absolutely. I really didn't appreciate what i was going into first time and didn't give it the time and attention it deserved. Brilliant film, probably David Finchers best work.

With Seven, Zodiac, Gone Girl, The Game and The Social Network also to his name, that's a tough category! :nod:

J Harker 29th April 2016 07:20 PM

Gone Girl is rubbish. The Social Network is ok as is Zodiac. The Game is great.(why don't i own it?)
Seven is the only real contender though both Panic Room and Alien3 are excellent and highly underrated.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th April 2016 07:32 PM

I really liked Gone Girl, although time will tell whether it stands up to the scrutiny of repeat viewings.

I'm not really a fan of Panic Room, The Social Network or Zodiac.

My favourites of his are Se7en and The Game. Like Mr. Harker says, Alien 3 is very under-rated and I also enjoyed his remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I found to be on-par with (if not slightly better than) the original.

Fight Club is okay but I find it's a film that gets worse every-time that I watch it. It hasn't aged well and has lost a lot of its 'edge' to the point where it is pretty embarrassing in places.

trebor8273 29th April 2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 487812)
Hopefully I'll have mine tomorrow so I can watch over the weekend. I'm excited to see the remaster in motion.

With the bank holiday weekend I'm sure there is no post tomorrow

monkeypedro 29th April 2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 487830)
With the bank holiday weekend I'm sure there is no post tomorrow

Yes there is post tomorrow as it is only a bank holiday on Monday.

J Harker 29th April 2016 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 487828)
I really liked Gone Girl, although time will tell whether it stands up to the scrutiny of repeat viewings.

I'm not really a fan of Panic Room, The Social Network or Zodiac.

My favourites of his are Se7en and The Game. Like Mr. Harker says, Alien 3 is very under-rated and I also enjoyed his remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I found to be on-par with (if not slightly better than) the original.

Fight Club is okay but I find it's a film that gets worse every-time that I watch it. It hasn't aged well and has lost a lot of its 'edge' to the point where it is pretty embarrassing in places.

I forgot about Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Agree on your diagnosis B-Eye.