Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 1st May 2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 488102)
twinpeaks blu ray box set £17;99 in hmv only available bank holiday weekend

I'm going to see if there's any copies instore tomorrow. I've never seen a single episode but at that price.

J Harker 1st May 2016 09:45 PM

Screw it, just ordered it online.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2016 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 488113)
I'm going to see if there's any copies instore tomorrow. I've never seen a single episode but at that price.

Definitely worth a blind buy – it's a brilliant TV show and the extra features in the set make it a must-own for anyone who likes Twin Peaks.

J Harker 1st May 2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 488119)
Definitely worth a blind buy – it's a brilliant TV show and the extra features in the set make it a must-own for anyone who likes Twin Peaks.

I've only seen two David Lynch, movies, Dune and The Elephant Man. Love them both. But don't really know what to expect from Twin Peaks.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st May 2016 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 488120)
I've only seen two David Lynch, movies, Dune and The Elephant Man. Love them both. But don't really know what to expect from Twin Peaks.

It's different to every David Lynch film with the obvious exception of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which I'd advise you stay away from until after you have watched both seasons of the show. It is a prequel, but it's full of spoilers!

The show is a strange, slightly surreal, murder mystery with brilliant characters, and eminently quotable dialogue and exchanges.

J Harker 1st May 2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 488122)
It's different to every David Lynch film with the obvious exception of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, which I'd advise you stay away from until after you have watched both seasons of the show. It is a prequel, but it's full of spoilers!

The show is a strange, slightly surreal, murder mystery with brilliant characters, and eminently quotable dialogue and exchanges.

Am i right in thinking Fire Walk With Me is included in the boxset?

plasterface 1st May 2016 10:25 PM

peaks

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 488125)
Am i right in thinking Fire Walk With Me is included in the boxset?

yes it is , only watched two Lynch films? you are missing out on some treats

J Harker 1st May 2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 488129)
yes it is , only watched two Lynch films? you are missing out on some treats

Ive watched about half hour of Eraserhead but gave up.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd May 2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 488132)
Ive watched about half hour of Eraserhead but gave up.

Have you seen The Straight Story? It's one of his most approachable mainstream films and is absolutely terrific.

iank 2nd May 2016 08:15 AM

Not a massive fan of Lynch's movies but Mulholland Drive is worth a look. Not a million miles from Twin Peaks in terms of atmosphere at least.