Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

plasterface 11th May 2016 09:56 PM

kill bill

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 489567)
I'm pretty sure that was to satisfy British and American classification boards. I have the uncut Japanese DVD which has the House of Blue Leaves scene all in glorious Technicolor. The Japanese one is also much longer as the animated sequence is uncut, as is the House of Blue Leaves section of the film (no eyeball swallowing or second amputation in the international version).

See this for more details:
Kill Bill: Vol.1 (Comparison: International Version - Japanese Version) - Movie-Censorship.com

will have to pick that up, the uk was meant at one point to get the whole bloody affair which was the two movies cut into one

gag 11th May 2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 489563)
These arrived today. Was a limited run made by the Cultzilla website for charityand promoted largely over Twitter. They look utterly superb.

I like sites like these gods and monsters can anyone recommend similar sites to these please?

keirarts 12th May 2016 07:03 AM

I seem to be in the minority more and more on here!!!

Not only do I like all Tarantinos films but I think O brother where art thou is possibly one of their best, also liked no country for old men, inside LLwellyn davis and Burn after reading. Only coen bros film I found questionable was intolerable cruelty.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th May 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 489638)
I seem to be in the minority more and more on here!!!

Not only do I like all Tarantinos films but I think O brother where art thou is possibly one of their best, also liked no country for old men, inside LLwellyn davis and Burn after reading. Only coen bros film I found questionable was intolerable cruelty.

No you aren't. No Country and True Grit were excellent.

Oh Brother is an absolute classic, i bought the soundtrack soon after watching it. Alison Krauss is an angel singing Down to the River to Pray.

I wasn't struck on Burn After Reading and haven't seen Inside or Hail.

I agree with others though. Their output has changed somewhat from the early years, ever since Intolerable Cruelty. Seemingly leaving the noir/ forties influences behind which i felt worked wonderfully.

gag 12th May 2016 11:22 AM

Not something ive bought but how many wouldnt say no to this.

For the supervillain who has everything: A giant skull armchair | Dangerous Minds

Frankenhooker 12th May 2016 12:05 PM

Finally picked up The Long Goodbye and Nightmare City as well as upgrading my Mulholland Drive DVD to the Criterion Blu. I also picked up Sinister on Blu from the pound shop along with Memento and The Gift (the Raimi film).

I also picked up Destiny for the PS3, put in about five hours last night after it took half a day to install.

plasterface 12th May 2016 06:09 PM

criterion

i saw easy rider on criterion blu in hmv today, i did'nt think they did uk releases???????

tele1962 12th May 2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 489702)
i saw easy rider on criterion blu in hmv today, i did'nt think they did uk releases???????

Yeah mate they are now releasing in the UK. :nod:

keirarts 12th May 2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 489654)
No you aren't. No Country and True Grit were excellent.

Oh Brother is an absolute classic, i bought the soundtrack soon after watching it. Alison Krauss is an angel singing Down to the River to Pray.

I wasn't struck on Burn After Reading and haven't seen Inside or Hail.

I agree with others though. Their output has changed somewhat from the early years, ever since Intolerable Cruelty. Seemingly leaving the noir/ forties influences behind which i felt worked wonderfully.

I even liked True grit as it improved things by not having John Wayne. Ladykillers was a little pointless though

Nordicdusk 12th May 2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 489726)
I even liked True grit as it improved things by not having John Wayne.

:mad2::mob: