Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 121014)
£2.77 including p&p probably.

Slavery just isn't like the good old days thanks to the Internet! Anyway, bet you're glad you bought yourself rather than some strange weirdo in a South American jungle village!

Gojirosan 10th January 2011 12:16 PM

At first I was annoyed to be woken up at 8.30 after playing a drunken gig last night, but it turned out to be the postman brandishing a large stack of packages:

North By Northwest Blu
Piranha 3D Blu
Herzog Kinski boxset (been meaning to get this for years!)
Michele Soavi's Arrivederci Amore Ciao

Hold my calls...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 12:27 PM

Nice selection, Gojirosan. I've been meaning to buy the North by Northwest Blu-ray for ages as I rented it a few months ago and thought the quality was absolutely astonishing.

Pete 10th January 2011 01:49 PM

Been watching a few blus and I'm glad I upgraded but I do not like the amount of grain that appears on many older films. It's distracting IMO.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 02:01 PM

Thank you Mr. Postman for delivering a cult Christmas film in January! :laugh: :doh: Yep, I've just recieved Santa Claus (not that one) which is an incredibly bad film including Santa, Satan, casual racism and creepy-as-hell creatures - or whatever they are.

Also got Shriek Show's British Horror film boxset including Frightmare, House Of Whipcord, The Flesh And Blood Show and Die Screaming Marianne. Gotta stick my hands up and admit I've never seen a Pete Walker film so I've very much looking forward to watching these.

Gojirosan 10th January 2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 121032)
Also got Shriek Show's British Horror film boxset including Frightmare, House Of Whipcord, The Flesh And Blood Show and Die Screaming Marianne. Gotta stick my hands up and admit I've never seen a Pete Walker film so I've very much looking forward to watching these.

That's a great box, except for Die Screaming Marianne which is awful. But Frightmare and Whipcord are superb and F&BS is fun, so just think of DSM as a freebie and you'll be sound*! Great transfers too. Enjoy!

*Some people find Susan George attractive for some reason so if that includes you, then DSM is worth having for the opening credits and the multitude of scenes of her changing her clothes!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 02:13 PM

Cheers Goj. I'll leave DSM till last then.

thundercrack 10th January 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 121020)
At first I was annoyed to be woken up at 8.30 after playing a drunken gig last night, but it turned out to be the postman brandishing a large stack of packages:

North By Northwest Blu
Piranha 3D Blu
Herzog Kinski boxset (been meaning to get this for years!)
Michele Soavi's Arrivederci Amore Ciao

Hold my calls...

The Herzog/Kinski boxset has a film cut unless it's the other Herzog set which does.

Also you should get the Fitzcaraldo 2-disc seperately as it contains the Les Blank documentary Burden of Dreams as it's the only time there will be a making of included in a Herzog German film DVD.

Gojirosan 10th January 2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 121036)
The Herzog/Kinski boxset has a film cut unless it's the other Herzog set which does.

It's the other Herzog set. Even Dwarfs Started Small is cut for animal cruelty.

Also, I think I'll have to get the Criterion release of Burden Of Dreams, I already have Fitzcarraldo on Laserdisc and single DVD and now another DVD in the boxset! I don't think I can buy yet another!

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th January 2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 121029)
Been watching a few blus and I'm glad I upgraded but I do not like the amount of grain that appears on many older films. It's distracting IMO.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk