Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

keirarts 20th May 2016 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 490816)
Maniac was one of the first Blus I bought.

If I recall correctly there were a lot of complaints about it being 'overly grainy'. :rolleyes: I've never had a problem with it though.

I do need to pick-up a few from Blue Underground's back catalogue myself - most notably Dead and Buried and Shockwaves.

With the Maniac blu-ray I genuinely think its one of those cases where the materials didn't warrant blu-ray treatment. I own it as well but tend to watch the older Anchor bay Tin when I want to watch it as I think on upscale it provides better results. I really wish I could screen shot Blus to show what I mean but the best example is when Tom Savini is coming out of the club. In the Blu-ray his face looks somewhat indestinct but looks much clearer on the DVD

Nordicdusk 20th May 2016 07:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 178887

After watching a fan made trailer I had to have some of this. Do you know who I am ? A son of a bitch ............ Who wants to be left alone :lol:

J Harker 20th May 2016 07:30 AM

I still have the ABUK dvd. Which oddly i bought in a petrol station of all places.

Justin101 20th May 2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 490745)
I imagine your house as being something like that.

I imagine Dem's living room to be like that actually :lol:

nosferatu42 20th May 2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 490819)
I still have the ABUK dvd. Which oddly i bought in a petrol station of all places.

If ur still talking about Maniac, then i'm sure the uk dvd was slightly cut.:pop2:

Justin101 20th May 2016 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 490818)
Attachment 178887

After watching a fan made trailer I had to have some of this. Do you know who I am ? A son of a bitch ............ Who wants to be left alone :lol:

It's really good fun! Think Italian Deliverence rip off :lol:

Nordicdusk 20th May 2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 490827)
It's really good fun! Think Italian Deliverence rip off :lol:

How can you go wrong with that :lol:

Justin101 20th May 2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 490829)
How can you go wrong with that :lol:

I just read that it was written to be 'Mad Max in the Woods' but had to scrap that idea due to having no budget :lol: and one critic described it as Deliverance meets First Blood :lol:

I think all of that perfectly sums it up. :shooter:

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th May 2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 490816)
Maniac was one of the first Blus I bought.

If I recall correctly there were a lot of complaints about it being 'overly grainy'. :rolleyes: I've never had a problem with it though.

I do need to pick-up a few from Blue Underground's back catalogue myself - most notably Dead and Buried and Shockwaves.

The dvd of Shockwaves is grainy, no idea what the blu will look like. It might be rendered to the point of being unwatchable.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th May 2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 490844)
The dvd of Shockwaves is grainy, no idea what the blu will look like. It might be rendered to the point of being unwatchable.

Unwatchable to some, perfectly acceptable to those with refined taste (like myself [emoji23]).