Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 491881)
Not a good sign that no one has heard of them. Watched first episode of reaper which is direct by Kevin smith who is also a producer of the show. Basically it's about a loveable slacker who has been able to get away with anything by his parents, this turns out is because they sold his soul to the devil ( Ray wise from twin peaks) who will collect on his 21 birthday, when the big day arrives the devil dosent want his soul but wants him to become a reaper which is someone who captures souls that have escaped from hell

Reaper rings a bell now. I haven't seen it but i recall people quite liking it. I had a mate who used to watch it when it first aired.

trebor8273 28th May 2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491882)
Reaper rings a bell now. I haven't seen it but i recall people quite liking it. I had a mate who used to watch it when it first aired.

It's seems enjoyable from the pilot with a likeable characters not going to be a classic but it's an easy way to spend 40 minutes and it has Smiths finger prints all over it, with the usual bunch of likeable slackers etc.

Holliston is by the creator of hatchet and frozen so make of that what you will

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 491883)
It's seems enjoyable from the pilot with a likeable characters not going to be a classic but it's an easy way to spend 40 minutes and it has Smiths finger prints all over it, with the usual bunch of likeable slackers etc.

Holliston is by the creator of hatchet and frozen so make of that what you will

I quite like some of Adam Green's work, especially Frozen. As long as it wasn't expensive i'd have taken the plunge and picked them up too.

trebor8273 28th May 2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 491886)
I quite like some of Adam Green's work, especially Frozen. As long as it wasn't expensive i'd have taken the plunge and picked them up too.

I got them £5 each they are on Amazon for about £7 plus postage put they are imports and it looks like they are region locked but you can get it on DVD . Adam green seems to be one f the star of the show as well as being involved behind the scenes

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th May 2016 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 491888)
I got them £5 each they are on Amazon for about £7 plus postage put they are imports and it looks like they are region locked but you can get it on DVD . Adam green seems to be one f the star of the show as well as being involved behind the scenes

A fiver each is good. Yes, i'd have gone for those.

monkeypedro 29th May 2016 09:41 AM

7 Attachment(s)
This weeks new additions to my collection.

Deadite 29th May 2016 10:49 AM

You lot have way too much money. :wise:

keirarts 29th May 2016 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 491881)
Not a good sign that no one has heard of them. Watched first episode of reaper which is direct by Kevin smith who is also a producer of the show. Basically it's about a loveable slacker who has been able to get away with anything by his parents, this turns out is because they sold his soul to the devil ( Ray wise from twin peaks) who will collect on his 21 birthday, when the big day arrives the devil dosent want his soul but wants him to become a reaper which is someone who captures souls that have escaped from hell

Attachment 179165

Reaper has RAY WISE playing Satan. That alone makes it worth watching. :nod:

keirarts 29th May 2016 11:39 AM

7 Attachment(s)
3 hmv pick ups...

Attachment 179166 Attachment 179167

Attachment 179168

Also delivered....

Attachment 179169 Attachment 179170

Attachment 179171 Attachment 179172

monkeypedro 29th May 2016 11:42 AM

Ray Wise also makes an appearance in Holliston.