Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

the blob 11th January 2011 01:21 AM

I got really lucky with Psycho. Wasn't particularly into steelbooks at the time but when I found out the booklet wasn't in the normal one I got one cheap on Ebay in mint condition while they were still in the shops. Now, if the booklet had been in the regular Blu I probably wouldn't have bothered! :eek:

Inspector Tanzi 11th January 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 (Post 121192)
Still regretting not picking up the Psycho - 50th Anniversary Special Edition Steelbook when it came out. :doh:

I didn't realise it was gone.

What normally happens with me with steelbooks is that if I buy them straight away they seem to be available still and all over the place, If I decide to wait a couple of weeks or can't afford at the time they are suddenly gone!!!!

oaxaca 11th January 2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 121223)
I didn't realise it was gone.

What normally happens with me with steelbooks is that if I buy them straight away they seem to be available still and all over the place, If I decide to wait a couple of weeks or can't afford at the time they are suddenly gone!!!!

Keep checking the CEX website.... I picked up the Psycho steelbook from there about 3 weeks ago for £12! It was in good condition too. You might find the odd copy left in HMV too for a tidy sum. I snapped up Shogun Assassin from zavvi.com for £15.45 last night, while its still about. The Wolfman steelbook is pretty cheap, about a tenner online. Metropolis steelbook cost me ~£16 from CEX.

ps. I'm really looking forward to a release of Hitchcocks' The Man who knew too Much, my fave of his.

Inspector Tanzi 11th January 2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 121227)
Keep checking the CEX website.... I picked up the Psycho steelbook from there about 3 weeks ago for £12!

Cheers but I have already got it ;)

I only buy from CEX instore, Once I bought 4 things online and only got 1 of them. When I did a paypal claim for items not recieved I lost the claim because they said I should have done "incomplete package", I explained that they would have sent them seperately but it fell on deaf ears. cu*ts.

oaxaca 11th January 2011 10:59 AM

Yeah they are rubbish in terms of service, although I got to say I've never not received anything I've ordered. Well, apart from the things they fail to source online (which happens fairly often with the rarer items), in which case they email to say they could not find it and don't charge. Mind you I always pay through their site rather than paypal. Some items do come damaged when bought online.

I would advise KingOfWitches to keep checking the CEX site if he wants the Psycho steelbook for a good price...or travel to Hounslow or Middlesbrough where they supposedly have it in stock!

Gojirosan 11th January 2011 02:08 PM

God bless my old ma! I just accompanied her to buy a new toaster at Best Buy and whilst there she bought me 2001: A Space Odyssey on Blu!

Mums are ace.

Gojirosan 11th January 2011 02:13 PM

2001 A Space Odyssey Blu

And from Pound Stretcher:

Discovery Channel's Shark Week DVD boxset
Optimum's rental version of The Signal
Tartan's Little Fish
and the DVD of Cadillac Records for a friend (as I all ready have the Blu)

:cool:

Ooops! Cancel The Signal, just opened it and there's no disk inside! :lol:

nekromantik 11th January 2011 03:04 PM

Just got my Vengence Triology from amazon ca!

the blob 11th January 2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 121291)
Just got my Vengence Triology from amazon ca!

Called my Dad and mine arrived too along with Deep Red. :D

Inspector Tanzi 11th January 2011 07:01 PM

Ain't got mine yet.