Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st July 2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 497872)
I picked this up in Supermarkets three times over the past week and keep putting it back reasoning to myself that I've already got far too much to watch.

I'm the same really but am a little worried that this version would sell out what with it being limited. It's also only CDN $20 at the moment (roughly £12) which isn't too far off the UK price for the bare-bones amaray. The shipping kills it a little though (£9 odd), but still worthy of the price I hope...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 497875)
**** me! That's lovely. :nod::broomstick:

My constant orgasms over the Network sale have pissed me off a bit. Thanks to high expenses (****ing cars) i'm pretty penniless the rest of the month and i totally ignored new releases. I really must have The Witch and High Rise. I suppose i could sell some stuff to CEX.

It really does look nice - can't wait to see it in hand.

Yeah, I've been guilty in the past of going a bit crazy with certain sales and then having to live a little frugally for a while whilst perhaps having to cancel pre-orders or skip over releases thanks to my spendthrift ways. :(

My car is due its service/MoT this month so I'm hoping it won't be too much of big hit to the bank balance. I'm also (hopefully!) finally going to ordering my shelving units for my media room re-model too so an expensive month for sure, which is why I haven't bought much in the way of BDs/DVDs/LPs lately.

The only things I've got on pre-order for this month (I got paid today so a 'month' for me is from the 21st-20th) is Eureka's Buster Keaton and Murnau sets (and I'm considering maybe cancelling the Keaton set as I doubt I'll have time to watch it for a while). I also have Arrow's Female Prisoner Scorpion set hopefully arriving this month too, but thankfully I've already paid for that one upfront what with ordering direct.

I'm sure I'll enjoy filling my new shelves when everything's done though. ;)

J Harker 21st July 2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 497899)
I'm the same really but am a little worried that this version would sell out what with it being limited. It's also only CDN $20 at the moment (roughly £12) which isn't too far off the UK price for the bare-bones amaray. The shipping kills it a little though (£9 odd), but still worthy of the price I hope...

It really does look nice - can't wait to see it in hand.

Yeah, I've been guilty in the past of going a bit crazy with certain sales and then having to live a little frugally for a while whilst perhaps having to cancel pre-orders or skip over releases thanks to my spendthrift ways. :(

My car is due its service/MoT this month so I'm hoping it won't be too much of big hit to the bank balance. I'm also (hopefully!) finally going to ordering my shelving units for my media room re-model too so an expensive month for sure, which is why I haven't bought much in the way of BDs/DVDs/LPs lately.

The only things I've got on pre-order for this month (I got paid today so a 'month' for me is from the 21st-20th) is Eureka's Buster Keaton and Murnau sets (and I'm considering maybe cancelling the Keaton set as I doubt I'll have time to watch it for a while). I also have Arrow's Female Prisoner Scorpion set hopefully arriving this month too, but thankfully I've already paid for that one upfront what with ordering direct.

I'm sure I'll enjoy filling my new shelves when everything's done though. ;)

There's something wonderful about putting dvds on nice new shelving. Geez I'm a sad bastard[emoji19] . I've currently got 9 bookcases full with about 60 dvds/blus stacked loose on the floor. Thing is I've completely run out of floorspace.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 21st July 2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 497901)
There's something wonderful about putting dvds on nice new shelving. Geez I'm a sad bastard[emoji19] . I've currently got 9 bookcases full with about 60 dvds/blus stacked loose on the floor. Thing is I've completely run out of floorspace.

Nah, I hear you - there is something overtly satisfying about laying your collection out on some brand spanking new shelves and admiring in it all its glory... sign me up to the sad bastard club too. :nod:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2016 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 497905)
Nah, I hear you - there is something overtly satisfying about laying your collection out on some brand spanking new shelves and admiring in it all its glory... sign me up to the sad bastard club too. :nod:

Ah bollocks! I want new shelves now. :mmph:

J Harker 21st July 2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 497919)

...another sad bastard[emoji38]

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st July 2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 497919)

I want the room for new shelves!

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 497925)
I want the room for new shelves!

Ah bollocks! I want new room too. :lol:

J Harker 21st July 2016 10:36 AM

Arrived this morning.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...dfe2fd3a8e.jpg

BAKA 21st July 2016 11:08 AM

I wanted to like The Witch, but just didn't. The goat gave me the giggles, definitely funnier than the goat in Drag Me To Hell. I appreciate what they were going for, but it just didn't really come off for me.

Graeme73 21st July 2016 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these two delivered today from CEX.

I was anxious about using them, especially for LE, fearing things would be missing or damaged, but I'd accrued about £80 worth of vouchers and decided to catch-up on some Arrow titles I'd missed.

Nekromantic LE cost me £32, but I traded-in the regular release and got a further £8 off. There's one or two creases/scuffs on the spine, but everywhere else is fine. Also, everything's present: book, postcards et al.

Battles Without Honour & Humanity is absolutely mint. No signs of wear at all - it's even got that new smell! Paid £50 for it, which isn't bad as it's going for £80 on Amazon. Blind buy for me so just hope I like them!

Delivery was £2.50 for both, signed for, posted yesterday.

Have to say I'm rather pleased!