Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2016, 07:11 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I picked this up in Supermarkets three times over the past week and keep putting it back reasoning to myself that I've already got far too much to watch.
I'm the same really but am a little worried that this version would sell out what with it being limited. It's also only CDN $20 at the moment (roughly £12) which isn't too far off the UK price for the bare-bones amaray. The shipping kills it a little though (£9 odd), but still worthy of the price I hope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
**** me! That's lovely.

My constant orgasms over the Network sale have pissed me off a bit. Thanks to high expenses (****ing cars) i'm pretty penniless the rest of the month and i totally ignored new releases. I really must have The Witch and High Rise. I suppose i could sell some stuff to CEX.
It really does look nice - can't wait to see it in hand.

Yeah, I've been guilty in the past of going a bit crazy with certain sales and then having to live a little frugally for a while whilst perhaps having to cancel pre-orders or skip over releases thanks to my spendthrift ways.

My car is due its service/MoT this month so I'm hoping it won't be too much of big hit to the bank balance. I'm also (hopefully!) finally going to ordering my shelving units for my media room re-model too so an expensive month for sure, which is why I haven't bought much in the way of BDs/DVDs/LPs lately.

The only things I've got on pre-order for this month (I got paid today so a 'month' for me is from the 21st-20th) is Eureka's Buster Keaton and Murnau sets (and I'm considering maybe cancelling the Keaton set as I doubt I'll have time to watch it for a while). I also have Arrow's Female Prisoner Scorpion set hopefully arriving this month too, but thankfully I've already paid for that one upfront what with ordering direct.

I'm sure I'll enjoy filling my new shelves when everything's done though.
Old 21st July 2016, 07:30 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm the same really but am a little worried that this version would sell out what with it being limited. It's also only CDN $20 at the moment (roughly £12) which isn't too far off the UK price for the bare-bones amaray. The shipping kills it a little though (£9 odd), but still worthy of the price I hope...

It really does look nice - can't wait to see it in hand.

Yeah, I've been guilty in the past of going a bit crazy with certain sales and then having to live a little frugally for a while whilst perhaps having to cancel pre-orders or skip over releases thanks to my spendthrift ways.

My car is due its service/MoT this month so I'm hoping it won't be too much of big hit to the bank balance. I'm also (hopefully!) finally going to ordering my shelving units for my media room re-model too so an expensive month for sure, which is why I haven't bought much in the way of BDs/DVDs/LPs lately.

The only things I've got on pre-order for this month (I got paid today so a 'month' for me is from the 21st-20th) is Eureka's Buster Keaton and Murnau sets (and I'm considering maybe cancelling the Keaton set as I doubt I'll have time to watch it for a while). I also have Arrow's Female Prisoner Scorpion set hopefully arriving this month too, but thankfully I've already paid for that one upfront what with ordering direct.

I'm sure I'll enjoy filling my new shelves when everything's done though.
There's something wonderful about putting dvds on nice new shelving. Geez I'm a sad bastard . I've currently got 9 bookcases full with about 60 dvds/blus stacked loose on the floor. Thing is I've completely run out of floorspace.
Old 21st July 2016, 08:28 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
There's something wonderful about putting dvds on nice new shelving. Geez I'm a sad bastard . I've currently got 9 bookcases full with about 60 dvds/blus stacked loose on the floor. Thing is I've completely run out of floorspace.
Nah, I hear you - there is something overtly satisfying about laying your collection out on some brand spanking new shelves and admiring in it all its glory... sign me up to the sad bastard club too.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:02 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Nah, I hear you - there is something overtly satisfying about laying your collection out on some brand spanking new shelves and admiring in it all its glory... sign me up to the sad bastard club too.
Ah bollocks! I want new shelves now.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:03 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
...another sad bastard
Old 21st July 2016, 10:20 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I want the room for new shelves!
Deadite likes this.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:21 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I want the room for new shelves!
Ah bollocks! I want new room too.
Old 21st July 2016, 10:36 AM
Cult Addict

Arrived this morning.
Old 21st July 2016, 11:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I wanted to like The Witch, but just didn't. The goat gave me the giggles, definitely funnier than the goat in Drag Me To Hell. I appreciate what they were going for, but it just didn't really come off for me.
Old 21st July 2016, 12:36 PM
Cultist

Got these two delivered today from CEX.

I was anxious about using them, especially for LE, fearing things would be missing or damaged, but I'd accrued about £80 worth of vouchers and decided to catch-up on some Arrow titles I'd missed.

Nekromantic LE cost me £32, but I traded-in the regular release and got a further £8 off. There's one or two creases/scuffs on the spine, but everywhere else is fine. Also, everything's present: book, postcards et al.

Battles Without Honour & Humanity is absolutely mint. No signs of wear at all - it's even got that new smell! Paid £50 for it, which isn't bad as it's going for £80 on Amazon. Blind buy for me so just hope I like them!

Delivery was £2.50 for both, signed for, posted yesterday.

Have to say I'm rather pleased!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13754486_10153527021996017_4039637580397098477_n.jpg (62.1 KB, 5 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!