Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

plasterface 25th August 2016 07:38 PM

horror mag

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 502773)
The pedant in me is dying to say Total Film rather than SFX...so i will.

Is it any good? Does it feature old horror (Elm st aside) and how much is it?

it's £7:99 i think , out 4 times a year hence steep price, if you have read any of sfx's horror special's it'll seem familiar. Basically a horror version of sfx in tone. Mix of old and new horrors, features on horror novels as well. Worth a punt

J Harker 25th August 2016 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 502760)
hidden away in smiths i found the first issue of horrorville a quarterly mag by the makers of sfx.

Be afraid. Be very afraid with the first issue of Horrorville - on sale now | GamesRadar+

Ooh, I'll try and pick a copy up.

trebor8273 25th August 2016 09:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ordered these from music magpie . £18.75 for the lot, all not seen before apart from the invaders. I really don't know what possessed me to buy sex in the city apart from it was dirt cheap and it HBO

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th August 2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 502817)
Ordered these from music magpie . £18.75 for the lot, all not seen before apart from the other invaders. I really don't know what possessed me to buy sex in the city apart from it was dirt cheap and it HBO

I can only comment on the Once Upon a Time in China Trilogy, which is a superb martial arts drama. It's been a long time since I saw it, but I thought it was brilliant.

Nordicdusk 25th August 2016 09:46 PM

Ichi is pretty great Treb.

trebor8273 25th August 2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 502820)

It says its a three disc set with a movie and a anime sequel as well

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th August 2016 09:58 PM

The Tripods is excellent as is Sex and the City.

So that's basically everything you've got that people like.

It's odd that i started watching The Tripods again last night. Do you have spy's everywhere?

gag 25th August 2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 502817)
Ordered these from music magpie . £18.75 for the lot, all not seen before apart from the invaders. I really don't know what possessed me to buy sex in the city apart from it was dirt cheap and it HBO

I dont know what possessed you to by sex in the city either :scared:
I recon you been out in this weather to long and got sunstroke or something :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th August 2016 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 502820)

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 502821)
It says its a three disc set with a movie and a anime sequel as well

I have only seen the film once, and that was some time ago, and seem to remember thinking it was barmy, but really enjoyable. I haven't seen anything else associated with the character or film though, so I might look into renting or buying that set.

trebor8273 26th August 2016 10:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Today's delivery's