Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Inspector Tanzi 15th January 2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 121853)
The latest additions to the collection...

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/8458/043vr.jpg

no wonder!

PaulRobinson 15th January 2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 121993)
Ahh. I'm really after the Ultimate Cut on Bluray but it's OOP and going for silly money on eBay. Might have to settle for it on dvd

The directors cut is about 11 from HMV so buy both ;)

PaulRobinson 15th January 2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurosleaze (Post 121996)
The 3-disc edition of The Last House on the Left is four quid at Amazon. At HMV in Manchester's Trafford Centre I saw it being sold for twenty. ;)

I really like that Cannibal Holocaust artwork - very retro. :)


For the money, LHOTL is great value, it's a great set!

PaulRobinson 15th January 2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 122003)
no wonder!

:confused:

PaulRobinson 15th January 2011 08:28 AM

Just received the 25th Anniversary Edition of Cannibal Holocaust... what a gorgeous package! One of the discs had come loose but no scratches thankfully! Very impressed with it!

Also the Arrow Caligula Blu (a steal at 9.99) came which completes the Arrow collection thus far... can't wait to watch it!

Also, Friday 13th Part 5... which is random because I ordered parts 2 - 8 and they were all dispatched on the same day yet only one arrived, I love play.com!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 09:56 AM

I watched both Delicatessen and Mulholland Drive yesterday, and can say that both had excellent HD transfers.

The DTS HD Master audio on Mulholland Drive was incredible; particularly during the famous 'Silencio' scenes. I was also surprised at the amount of grain visible in some of the scenes in Delicatessen, but it didn't dirtract, and added to the mood and style of the film perfectly.

I love both these films, and they are both essential Blu-Ray pick-ups in my opinion. :nod:

Gojirosan 15th January 2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 122021)
I watched both Delicatessen and Mulholland Drive yesterday, and can say that both had excellent HD transfers.

The DTS HD Master audio on Mulholland Drive was incredible; particularly during the famous 'Silencio' scenes. I was also surprised at the amount of grain visible in some of the scenes in Delicatessen, but it didn't dirtract, and added to the mood and style of the film perfectly.

I love both these films, and they are both essential Blu-Ray pick-ups in my opinion. :nod:


That's all I need to hear about "Mulholland Drive"! Cheers BE!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 122031)
That's all I need to hear about "Mulholland Drive"! Cheers BE!

No probs mate. :)

nekromantik 15th January 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 122017)
Just received the 25th Anniversary Edition of Cannibal Holocaust... what a gorgeous package! One of the discs had come loose but no scratches thankfully! Very impressed with it!

Also the Arrow Caligula Blu (a steal at 9.99) came which completes the Arrow collection thus far... can't wait to watch it!

Also, Friday 13th Part 5... which is random because I ordered parts 2 - 8 and they were all dispatched on the same day yet only one arrived, I love play.com!

is that the EC Entertainment Cannibal Holocaust?

Inspector Tanzi 15th January 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRobinson (Post 122016)
:confused:

:confused: indeed.

you string me along for a month to hold something for you, then say you can't afford it but get this lot. You need to get your priorities in order. Don't reserve something, ask to hold it for a month then say you can't afford it because you bought this lot it's bad practice, not on really is it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.