Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

nekromantik 15th January 2011 12:50 PM

good to hear Mullholand has a good transfer!
I not seen it yet so will wait for price drop.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 121978)
I really enjoyed Shutter Island Nos,though it didn't take a genius to figure it out....

I think Mark Kermode said something along the lines of 'if the ending to you by surprisethen you really weren't trying'. I went with my family and was amazed that I was the only one who had pretty much everything figured out by the halfway mark. Anyway, it really does hold up to repeated viewings as I've seen it three times now and it's good to see how the little clues are there all the way through a bit like The Usual Suspects or The Sixth Sense.

gag 15th January 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 122071)
I think Mark Kermode said something along the lines of 'if the ending to you by surprisethen you really weren't trying'. I went with my family and was amazed that I was the only one who had pretty much everything figured out by the halfway mark. Anyway, it really does hold up to repeated viewings as I've seen it three times now and it's good to see how the little clues are there all the way through a bit like The Usual Suspects or The Sixth Sense.

The sixth sense was dead easy to figure out ....
Havent seen Shutter Island yet,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 01:23 PM

I've told most of several times not to buy any more discs until I have made a serious dent in the pile of unwatched discs but I went on a spending spree this morning and bought:

The Orphan
Shaolin Soccer
Natural Born Killers
Near Dark
Gremlins
Vengeance Is Mine
The World
The Fantastic Planet (Le Planete Sauvage)

All on Blu-Ray.

Amertume 15th January 2011 01:43 PM

bizarre eye:
sounds great! I've definitely been meaning to order those, so next time I get money I prolly will ;)

the blob:
what edition of BU's BWTCP did you buy? BD or DVD? :)
have thought about ordering it too (but will most definitely double dip when Arrow's BD arrives as well !)
:D

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 01:52 PM

Nice pick-ups Nos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 122082)
The Fantastic Planet (Le Planete Sauvage)

Still need to pick this one up myself...

mercury 15th January 2011 01:55 PM

Got season 2 and 3 of X men cartoon.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th January 2011 01:57 PM

I ordered those from Zavvi using a 10% off voucher thanks to Walkers which meant that the Masters of Cinema ones only cost me £13.00 and then there is Quidco to consider...

bdc 15th January 2011 03:01 PM

Just got this one (normally I hardly buy "new films" but this one is the first film from Belgian production company MAZEfilms so I wanted to support them)...I haven't seen it yet but I've read some interesting reviews.

Cornered! (2009) (RB?,MAZEfilms) Blu-ray

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7718/3760054354470.jpg

the blob 15th January 2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amertume (Post 122095)
bizarre eye:
sounds great! I've definitely been meaning to order those, so next time I get money I prolly will ;)

the blob:
what edition of BU's BWTCP did you buy? BD or DVD? :)
have thought about ordering it too (but will most definitely double dip when Arrow's BD arrives as well !)
:D

I bought the BD. It seems to be starting to disappear now as well so worth grabbing soon if you want a copy. :)