Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demoncrat 3rd October 2016 03:07 PM

Apart from the sneaking suspicion that a friend hath boughteth me the Alan Clarke set for Xmas :hail::pop2::rockon:

I ordered a film called Towelhead on a FB recommendation for a pittance and picked up

The Best Of Hancock

Both dvds.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd October 2016 08:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
One delivery and a trip to Glasgow this afternoon.

Attachment 183248Attachment 183249Attachment 183250

J Harker 3rd October 2016 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 507130)

Those Premium Collection HMV exclusives look very nice indeed.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd October 2016 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 507133)
Those Premium Collection HMV exclusives look very nice indeed.

And they're all in English too! [emoji1]

J Harker 3rd October 2016 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 507136)
And they're all in English too! [emoji1]

Always a plus in my book. [emoji38] [emoji106]

Nordicdusk 3rd October 2016 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 507130)

I have to get Chopping Mall.

keirarts 4th October 2016 07:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Two pick ups....

Attachment 183265 Attachment 183266

Boo Radley 4th October 2016 11:20 AM

I've been wondering whether to get Mai-Chan or not. It looked amazingly gory in the trailer I saw but then I read a couple of really bad reviews which left me in two minds, as there is a whack out there at the moment I've got on my wants list.
If you get round to watching it could you pop you're thoughts up on here?

plasterface 4th October 2016 09:08 PM

a lot of films for a skint man

from poundland newcastle who have been a bit slack on the halloween dvd front , shame the devil dvd which is a blind buy .

Went to pondland metro centre, In the display stand a load of crap horrors stuff like bless this child, next to normal dvd stand stuffed away in a metal wire box I got the following dvds. satanic ,antiviral,afflicted,damned by dawn , outcast

I remember Demdike saying outcast was good and got exsists thinking it was same film because of similar cover. I was a bit dubious about exsists as i thought it would be another willow creek. A film I got from poundland last year and thought was awful, in fact i moaned on here it was a crap blair witch but with bigfoot. I really enjoyed exsists and ironically that is a bigfoot film by the director of blair witch.

Anyway a few films in hmv i wanted, mainly extended shining so i bit the bullet and spent hmv points on 50 quid instore voucher, they said money would go automatically on points card .ho hum. So went there asked bloke behind counter to see if money was on but he told me he could'nt look till i got purchases to scan. Now i knew i had to spend exactly fifty quid or over to get goods , so went to counter only to be told money not on card , my heart dropped, then he swiped again and money popped up . So i got shining extended,in five for 30 blus offer i got bay of blood ( never seen it uncut), the brood, piranha (the original),westworld, a girl walks home at night (hope it lives up to hype ). I was after possesion blu but no joy.

keirarts 4th October 2016 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Radley (Post 507173)
I've been wondering whether to get Mai-Chan or not. It looked amazingly gory in the trailer I saw but then I read a couple of really bad reviews which left me in two minds, as there is a whack out there at the moment I've got on my wants list.
If you get round to watching it could you pop you're thoughts up on here?

Will do. I HAD to get it as its one of Redemptions numbered spines so I can't not get it! LOL. That said I love me some Japanese cinema, especially the grindhouse material so I should enjoy it.