Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151369Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2016, 10:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Very nearly up to date (finally!):

What a load of great releases we've had recently! Psychomania and Satan's Blood (awful cover), the VS Richard Casey duo (Horror House On Highway 5 has to be seen to be believed! I hope Hellbent is equally as random.), Chopping Mall (one of my most anticipated releases of the year), Black Candles from Code Red, Arrow's gorgeous looking The Hills Have Eyes set, the three recent Stephen King releases (of course we only seemed to get It in the UK so I had to import the rest; can't wait to watch Salem's Lot again), When Marnie Was There, and two recent releases from 88 Films.

Thought it might be relevant to mention, after the discussion yesterday about Tales Of Halloween, that the Arrow release has dropped to £9.99 on Amazon (which I imagine is probably an HMV price match).
Old 15th October 2016, 11:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

After much waiting for both items:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1463.jpg (88.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 15th October 2016, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Very nearly up to date (finally!):
I'm sorry to potentially spoil your day but When Marnie Was There is faulty and has been recalled by all retailers. It's getting re-issued on 7th November.

Basically the feature skips and locks at worst, and at best will play, but not smoothly, while the laser constantly re-seeks which could damage your player.

I've just contacted Amazon today and they are asking for it back and have refunded me already.
BAKA, MacBlayne and keirarts like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th October 2016, 11:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm sorry to potentially spoil your day but When Marnie Was There is faulty and has been recalled by all retailers. It's getting re-issued on 7th November.

Basically the feature skips and locks at worst, and at best will play, but not smoothly, while the laser constantly re-seeks which could damage your player.

I've just contacted Amazon today and they are asking for it back and have refunded me already.
Yeah, I've been reading about it since release. I'm going to wait for the announcement from Studio Canal. I'm hoping when they get their logistics sorted it'll just be a case of a simple disc replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
After much waiting for both items:
I ordered What Have They Done To Your Daughters last night from Strange Vice. Where did you order yours from? I've been looking for an alternative to DTM when I just want the odd lone title.
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th October 2016, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I ordered What Have They Done To Your Daughters last night from Strange Vice. Where did you order yours from? I've been looking for an alternative to DTM when I just want the odd lone title.
I use Medienversand (Index) for Camera Obscura releases.
Old 15th October 2016, 12:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

This week's new arrivals.

Krampus has a lovely slip case, really nice texture to the touch. I was surprised to find Maggie in a holographic slip case in a charity shop for 50p.

Practical Magic was one of the first dvd's i bought. From a small shop in Manchester Arndale which sold region 1 discs for about £20 - 30 each, way back at the dawn of dvd. I watched it, liked it and sold it for a pretty penny soon after though.

Looking forward to Dickensian. Amazon were selling it for a tenner which was a decent price in comparison to everywhere else. Required viewing in the run up to Christmas i feel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3811 (Large).jpg (97.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3812 (Large).jpg (100.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3816 (Large).jpg (95.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 15th October 2016, 12:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default purchases

inherent vice blu £1.50 from a charity shop, south park series 14 dvd £2:99 from a different charity shop. From sainsburys with some vouchers i had left , hellraiser blu boxset £20, kill list and the fog blus fiver each.
Old 15th October 2016, 12:55 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This week's new arrivals.

Krampus has a lovely slip case, really nice texture to the touch. I was surprised to find Maggie in a holographic slip case in a charity shop for 50p.

Practical Magic was one of the first dvd's i bought. From a small shop in Manchester Arndale which sold region 1 discs for about £20 - 30 each, way back at the dawn of dvd. I watched it, liked it and sold it for a pretty penny soon after though.

Looking forward to Dickensian. Amazon were selling it for a tenner which was a decent price in comparison to everywhere else. Required viewing in the run up to Christmas i feel.

Ahhhhh, Undercover, starring the lovely Athena Massey, Meg Foster, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan in a small role.
Old 15th October 2016, 12:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Some more of my 2 for £5 order from Music Magpie.

I'm really looking forward to re-watching the first (and best) three seasons of Arrested Development again and reappraising Inglourious Basterds, which I haven't seen since I was underwhelmed at the cinema.
Old 15th October 2016, 01:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm really looking forward to re-watching the first (and best) three seasons of Arrested Development again
Another Arrested Development fan? This calls for a celebratory dance...

Like this? Share it using the links below!