Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 509948)
I've just got Dekalog arriving today, I'm trying to curb my spending coming up to Christmas.

I'm not. I just want to get back to Fopp in Manchester. :cry:

The Neon Demon turned up today. Damn you postman who refuses to deliver parcels on a Saturday.

Justin101 31st October 2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509950)
The Neon Demon turned up today. Damn you postman who refuses to deliver parcels on a Saturday.

I cancelled my Neon Demon order because it'll be 3 for £20 before the end of the year and I can wait.
Funny enough Dekalog is my first online order with the New HMV website, I was hoping for a Saturday delivery but nothing.

Demoncrat 31st October 2016 12:59 PM

Viv Albertine's book. Not typing out that title haha. Should be a hoot.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 509954)
I cancelled my Neon Demon order because it'll be 3 for £20 before the end of the year and I can wait.
Funny enough Dekalog is my first online order with the New HMV website, I was hoping for a Saturday delivery but nothing.

I was hoping to watch it on Saturday night, the last Saturday in October kind of thing. However, Christmas Eve here we come. :glitter:

Justin101 31st October 2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 509957)
Viv Albertine's book. Not typing out that title haha. Should be a hoot.

Oh you mean... Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys.

Yes I've got it, I picked up a signed copy but not got around to reading it yet :lol: but only because I'd read a whole load of memoirs in a short space of time and I needed a scene change :lol:

Justin101 31st October 2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509958)
I was hoping to watch it on Saturday night, the last Saturday in October kind of thing. However, Christmas Eve here we come. :glitter:

It seems they have changed their standard post service to Royal Mail 48 and now charge a fiver for 1st class tracked. No more next day packages.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 509964)
It seems they have changed their standard post service to Royal Mail 48 and now charge a fiver for 1st class tracked. No more next day packages.

How has the site changed? Doesn't seem any different to me.

Justin101 31st October 2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509965)
How has the site changed? Doesn't seem any different to me.

They just added this to their FAQ apparently

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMV
Can I change my delivery method?

All items will ship via Second Class Royal Mail unless the option for Royal Mail Tracked 24 is selected. You can choose this option during the checkout process.

And someone on bluray.com confirmed that their packages came with a Royal Mail 48 label on them and last week they came as 1st Class.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 509966)
They just added this to their FAQ apparently

And someone on bluray.com confirmed that their packages came with a Royal Mail 48 label on them and last week they came as 1st Class.

My last parcel also took two days to arrive and that was a fortnight ago so i'm guessing they changed it then and felt the need to mention it now.

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 509967)
My last parcel also took two days to arrive and that was a fortnight ago so i'm guessing they changed it then and felt the need to mention it now.

No matter, it's still going to be quicker than the week it takes Amazon to ship things for non-prime members.