Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

RigorMortis 19th January 2011 04:38 PM

(Finally!) ordered this beauty:

So Sweet, So Dead (1972, Roberto Bianchi Montero) Camera Obscura

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2011 08:52 PM

ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA dropped through the door today! :woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 122617)
One of my favourite films of the nineties, and definately my favourite western of the nineties, closely followed by Tombstone.

Just a pity we won't see him in another one...:(

the blob 19th January 2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 122837)
Song Kang-ho is my favourite Korean actor. I really like The Host, I thought it was going to be another rubbish big cgi monster film but the effects were really quite good and I found it a good thrill ride.

Have you seen Secret Reunion yet?

I'll rewatch The Host when I can. Got the old US HD DVD. I think it was the comedy element that got me the first time.

Still haven't seen Secret Reunion but it's on the list. Got to work my way through the remaining CJ Entertainment discs I want first before the digipaks dissappear. Shame I missed Good, The Bad and the Weird. Cheapest I've seen it anywhere now is $90! ;)

DVD Trash 19th January 2011 10:03 PM

Just got the Italian Blu of a Fistful of Dollars - the Restored version and it's a thing of beauty, meant to have better AV over the UK and US versions! Can't wait to give it a spin later! It's got English mono audio if anyone was wondering as well!

oaxaca 19th January 2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 122989)
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA dropped through the door today! :woot:

Very Jealous! :nod: I'm holding out for the UK release as its nearly upon us! Let us know what the US transfer is like as I'm guessing the UK release will be the same...

nekromantik 20th January 2011 03:05 PM

Just got my Mulholland Dr blu!

oaxaca 20th January 2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 123059)
Just got my Mulholland Dr blu!

Nice one! I'm love those Studio Canal Collection blu rays. I own The Third Man and think they did a great job with it.

I came home today to find the Shogun Assassin steelbook had been delivered! It looks superb, can't wait to watch it!!:eyebrows:

Vampix 20th January 2011 03:51 PM

Maniac - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blue Underground 2-DVD set), ordered this from Amazon for just over £8, bargain! This edition contains exactly the same extras as the BD release, I just couldn't be bothered to lay out the extra cash for the Blu.

nekromantik 20th January 2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123062)
Nice one! I'm love those Studio Canal Collection blu rays. I own The Third Man and think they did a great job with it.

I came home today to find the Shogun Assassin steelbook had been delivered! It looks superb, can't wait to watch it!!:eyebrows:

Yeah it is a very nice package. Shame about only the Italians getting a splicase.

Nice steely!