Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 123059)
Just got my Mulholland Dr blu!

Nice on nek - bet you don't feel like watching it yet, as you've only recently seen it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123062)
Nice one! I'm love those Studio Canal Collection blu rays. I own The Third Man and think they did a great job with it.

I came home today to find the Shogun Assassin steelbook had been delivered! It looks superb, can't wait to watch it!!:eyebrows:

Want to pick up The Third Man myself; PQ good?

That Shogun Steelbook is a great package.

nekromantik 20th January 2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 123075)
Nice on nek - bet you don't feel like watching it yet, as you've only recently seen it!

nah not just yet!
ha ha
may check out the extras :)

Sargento 20th January 2011 06:15 PM

Just received:

House 2

From a guy on Amazon. Supposed to have been the R2 AB release but what I got was a God awful release from Digital Entertainment that looks like it was taken straight from the odl VHS release! The image is wobbling all over the bloody place. Piece of shit coaster!

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 123088)
Just received:

House 2

From a guy on Amazon. Supposed to have been the R2 AB release but what I got was a God awful release from Digital Entertainment that looks like it was taken straight from the odl VHS release! The image is wobbling all over the bloody place. Piece of shit coaster!

Sorry to hear that mate. Whenever I buy anything from ebay, I always try and go for stuff that has an actual photo of the item and not a stock photo. Sellers on Amazon marketplace should do the same.

Sargento 20th January 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123089)
Sorry to hear that mate. Whenever I buy anything from ebay, I always try and go for stuff that has an actual photo of the item and not a stock photo. Sellers on Amazon marketplace should do the same.

Well he didn't get decent feedback Stephen I can tell you! Amazon is a bit dodgy I think .. more so than ebay. But normally, like you, I look for an item with an actual photo. I am just watching the "DVD" now as I have not seen the movie for about 20 years and I will decide if it is worth double dipping for the AB release.

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 06:38 PM

I have Silver Saddle!!!

Worked out very expensive though! The reversible sleeve is a nice touch, the FSK badge is rather intrusive!

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 123098)
I have Silver Saddle!!!

Worked out very expensive though! The reversible sleeve is a nice touch, the FSK badge is rather intrusive!

The same artwork on the reverse just without the enormous rating?

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 123100)
The same artwork on the reverse just without the enormous rating?

Yep

bdc 20th January 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 123098)
I have Silver Saddle!!!

Nice one! :thumb:
But how did it work out very expensive?
Standard Amazon.de shipping to the UK should be 6 Euro...

oaxaca 20th January 2011 07:11 PM

Are most German blu ray / DVD sleeves in that format or is Silver Saddle the exception? Seems a bit ridiculous having to have a reversible cover due to the age rating symbol being enormous!

They got me with the p&p also! I ended up payin £18 for a film that cost around 12 euros