LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th January 2017, 08:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
This weeks deliveries.

Attachment 185424 Attachment 185425

Dennis Hopper film is Tracks, about a Vietnam vet bringing a friends body home on a train and losing his mind. Cheapest copy i could find with english option, saw this on moviedrome years ago and really made an impression at the time.

Attachment 185426 Attachment 185427

Two CMV laservision Mediabooks, English option, never seen Cut and run but was always aware of it on VHS years ago. Zeder i've only seen in a bad youtube print.

Attachment 185428 Attachment 185429

Blood and roses was another youtube job, this is in French with forced English subs, not bad picture quality.

Attachment 185430 Attachment 185431

Mad foxes Greek dvd, decent price. Judging by the cover was expecting a really bad quality transfer, but actually doesn't look too bad and was a reasonable price.
Equinox was another youtube watch, a low budget precursor to Evil dead is how i remember it, with some entertaining stop motion creatures.
Most of these films i've been after for a while but never found well priced copies.
Do you mind if I ask where you got 'Tracks'? Ive been after that one at a reasonable price for a while....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 7th January 2017, 09:27 PM
Cult Addict

I just put Tracks Dennis Hopper into Amazon search, seems as though its gone up in price a bit, it's now on there for about £20.
There used to be a different version when i looked previously that used to be about £35.
Hope that helps.

There's an american disc on ebay at the moment for about £25.
Sam and keirarts like this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 8th January 2017, 02:31 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Eek! I seem to have started another stream of anti - Quentin venom. Didn't mean that. I just really enjoyed Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. It was a film i hoped to like but loved it far more than i actually anticipated.

For the record. Reservoir Dogs is in my top 20 films of all time. Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown are also very good. I'm not so keen on the Kill Bill films, thought Death Proof was good, liked Inglorious, although it's too long and never gets better than it's opening 20 mins, and fell asleep during Django and never returned to it. I bought The Hateful 8 in Sainsbury's before Christmas but haven't seen it yet. Maybe this weekend.
Ill add my two pence worth, as much as i like Tarantino and his films and no denying his talents, after all he wrote True Romance which is a excellent film he didnt direct. (yes im aware he writes loads and most of what he directs)
I think he a bit to smug and got to big for big boots he over killing his films, not seen inglorious Bastard i cant get interested in it, Death proof well less said the better, like everything upto Kill Bill, hated Django unchained also long winded and i like long films, Hatefull 8 wasnt anything i expected, slow dull and boring, and feel like all his films recemtly are concentrating more on long and boring drawn out scenes, and dialogue, concentrate more on the film like he did when he first started. Yes im aware there was scenes all about dialogue but not as bad as his recent films.
keirarts and platostotal like this.
Old 8th January 2017, 11:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default help

anyone used a site called grooves land before ? any good?
Old 8th January 2017, 02:37 PM
Cult Addict

More recent arrivals.

dorm blood.jpg seizure.jpg

ganja.jpg other.jpg

spaz.jpg Strange Vice cover.jpg

ruby-1977.jpg

Never seen Ganja,Spasmo or Strange Vice before.

Thinking about doing some Giallo double bills sometime soon.

Ruby i've wanted for a while because although it's no classic it used to turn up on T.V a fair bit when i was young.

Old 8th January 2017, 02:41 PM
Cult Addict

CEX stuff.

cub.jpg hallow.jpg

ghoulies.jpg troll.jpg

Old 8th January 2017, 02:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
More recent arrivals.

Attachment 185476

Ruby i've wanted for a while because although it's no classic it used to turn up on T.V a fair bit when i was young.
I don't think I've seen Ruby. Looking it up it's from Curtis Harrington, and I enjoy a lot of what I've seen from him. What's The Matter With Helen, Who Slew Auntie Roo, Night Tide, Queen Of Blood, etc. I'll definitely have to look into that.
keirarts and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 8th January 2017, 03:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Just had these 2 dispatched from Amazon for delivery tomorrow, Bedknobs and Broomsticks was only £3.50 and still is if anyone fancies a bargain - a must for any Angela Lansbury fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81b+TjrIwZL._SL1500_.jpg (96.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 515SR8ij1eL.jpg (47.1 KB, 8 views)

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th January 2017, 03:19 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Just had these 2 dispatched from Amazon for delivery tomorrow, Bedknobs and Broomsticks was only £3.50 and still is if anyone fancies a bargain - a must for any Angela Lansbury fans.
Bedknobs and bloody Broomsticks?!? What's wrong with you man!!
Old 8th January 2017, 03:22 PM
Cult Addict

Ruby is kind of a Carrie/possession rip off BAKA, Piper Laurie is in it and it's all to do with a Gangsters moll and her daughter.
Gangster dies and possesses the deaf/mute daughter to get revenge on the people who killed him. Cue telekinesis type deaths at a drive in.

Not amazing but worth watching, apparently there are lots of sub par dvd copies. The VCI disc i got is widescreen, a fairly decent print and has a commentary with Laurie and Harrington,interview with Harrington and trailer.
BAKA and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!