Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 19th January 2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 517996)
I know things change, but I am not expecting to get anything new before the end of the month, so January's purchases were:
[*]Iron Man 2 - Strange one this! The box on the shelf was for the one disc DVD, but when I took it to the counter, it was discovered that this version had been sold to someone else in error, so the girl behind the counter was very apologetic when she had to sell me the special edition blu-ray (2x blu-ray & 1xDVD) instead[/LIST]

Firstly why? It's shit and even the completion in me refuses to own it. Or I won't let the bugger I'm not sure.

Secondly, sort of reminds me of a time I tried to buy a dvd in Blockbuster (remember that place??!?)
I picked up a dvd of Jason X. I don't recall exactly how much but it was a good price given it was quite new out. Got home and realised they had put a rental disc in the case. No bonus features. Took it back and dealt with a middle aged dear who had no idea what i was talking about. Simply couldn't understand the problem. When I tried to explain that the extras listed on the reverse simply weren't present she asked me "what do you mean 'extras'??? What are extras???". I ended up with a refund because the matter couldn't be resolved because that evening a (at the time) major UK movie rental company simply didn't have any staff in that knew what extra features were.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th January 2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 517966)
Just had this lovely box set of Heathers in a limited edition locker delivered by the postman. It contains the 20th Anniversary blu-ray plus 2 dvd's, a booklet, magnetic stickers and a T-shirt which is still sealed. I ordered it from Music Magpie at the weekend for the bargain price of £9.25 delivered.

That is an absolute steal. I have the same limited edition set and it is a stunning release. I think the T-shirt is also still in the plastic wrap and unopened.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518004)
Really annoyed this isn't dual format. :axekiller:

GET RID OF THAT ****ING BETAMAX FORMAT......

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th January 2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 517966)
Just had this lovely box set of Heathers in a limited edition locker delivered by the postman. It contains the 20th Anniversary blu-ray plus 2 dvd's, a booklet, magnetic stickers and a T-shirt which is still sealed. I ordered it from Music Magpie at the weekend for the bargain price of £9.25 delivered.

Looks like you got the ony one available!
Jammy bugger!

SymbioticFunction 19th January 2017 10:26 PM

Just bought the German blu-ray of Damiano Damiani's A Genius, Two Partners & A Dupe from 1975. The opening 8 minutes are directed by Sergio Leone and whilst it's nowhere near the same quality as My Name Is Nobody ,it's still an interesting film. I expect it to look a little rough as much of the film negative was famously stolen and offered for ransom (which wasn't paid resulting in the film being cobbled together from previously rejected footage). But I am still excited to see it. :)

iank 20th January 2017 12:29 AM

Arrived:

http://images2.static-bluray.com/mov...527_medium.jpg

Deadite 20th January 2017 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I love the original but haven't seen any of the sequels!

For 1p, what can go wrong?

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 518061)
I love the original but haven't seen any of the sequels!

For 1p, what can go wrong?

Not a damn thing! Just steer clear of Trancers 6.

sjconstable 20th January 2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 517973)
£1 find... I kinda like it, saw most of it couple of years ago on TV and thought it better than it's rep so took a punt.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2vv3uar.jpg

If you like that version you should check out the Japanese cut as it's much better, I can't even watch the theatrical cut as they ruined it with cheap music.

platostotal 20th January 2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjconstable (Post 518077)
If you like that version you should check out the Japanese cut as it's much better, I can't even watch the theatrical cut as they ruined it with cheap music.

While I do like it as an action Sci-Fi, the music is but nothing next to Mr. Reeves worst performance I've seen, as the plot involves him having a leaking implant in his brain the damn thing makes him overact to the point of being comedic:lol::lol: if you're no fan of Reeves steer clear of this, but still good fun to be had tho as a popcorn munching no-brainer.