Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151381Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2017, 07:34 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I know things change, but I am not expecting to get anything new before the end of the month, so January's purchases were:
[*]Iron Man 2 - Strange one this! The box on the shelf was for the one disc DVD, but when I took it to the counter, it was discovered that this version had been sold to someone else in error, so the girl behind the counter was very apologetic when she had to sell me the special edition blu-ray (2x blu-ray & 1xDVD) instead[/LIST]
Firstly why? It's shit and even the completion in me refuses to own it. Or I won't let the bugger I'm not sure.

Secondly, sort of reminds me of a time I tried to buy a dvd in Blockbuster (remember that place??!?)
I picked up a dvd of Jason X. I don't recall exactly how much but it was a good price given it was quite new out. Got home and realised they had put a rental disc in the case. No bonus features. Took it back and dealt with a middle aged dear who had no idea what i was talking about. Simply couldn't understand the problem. When I tried to explain that the extras listed on the reverse simply weren't present she asked me "what do you mean 'extras'??? What are extras???". I ended up with a refund because the matter couldn't be resolved because that evening a (at the time) major UK movie rental company simply didn't have any staff in that knew what extra features were.
Old 19th January 2017, 07:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Just had this lovely box set of Heathers in a limited edition locker delivered by the postman. It contains the 20th Anniversary blu-ray plus 2 dvd's, a booklet, magnetic stickers and a T-shirt which is still sealed. I ordered it from Music Magpie at the weekend for the bargain price of £9.25 delivered.
That is an absolute steal. I have the same limited edition set and it is a stunning release. I think the T-shirt is also still in the plastic wrap and unopened.
keirarts likes this.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Really annoyed this isn't dual format.
GET RID OF THAT ****ING BETAMAX FORMAT......
keirarts likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th January 2017, 08:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypedro View Post
Just had this lovely box set of Heathers in a limited edition locker delivered by the postman. It contains the 20th Anniversary blu-ray plus 2 dvd's, a booklet, magnetic stickers and a T-shirt which is still sealed. I ordered it from Music Magpie at the weekend for the bargain price of £9.25 delivered.
Looks like you got the ony one available!
Jammy bugger!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 19th January 2017, 10:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just bought the German blu-ray of Damiano Damiani's A Genius, Two Partners & A Dupe from 1975. The opening 8 minutes are directed by Sergio Leone and whilst it's nowhere near the same quality as My Name Is Nobody ,it's still an interesting film. I expect it to look a little rough as much of the film negative was famously stolen and offered for ransom (which wasn't paid resulting in the film being cobbled together from previously rejected footage). But I am still excited to see it.
Old 20th January 2017, 12:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Arrived:

Old 20th January 2017, 10:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love the original but haven't seen any of the sequels!

For 1p, what can go wrong?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51S7K260PGL._AC_UL320_SR230,320_.jpg (20.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 20th January 2017, 01:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
I love the original but haven't seen any of the sequels!

For 1p, what can go wrong?

Not a damn thing! Just steer clear of Trancers 6.
keirarts likes this.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
£1 find... I kinda like it, saw most of it couple of years ago on TV and thought it better than it's rep so took a punt.

If you like that version you should check out the Japanese cut as it's much better, I can't even watch the theatrical cut as they ruined it with cheap music.
Old 20th January 2017, 04:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjconstable View Post
If you like that version you should check out the Japanese cut as it's much better, I can't even watch the theatrical cut as they ruined it with cheap music.
While I do like it as an action Sci-Fi, the music is but nothing next to Mr. Reeves worst performance I've seen, as the plot involves him having a leaking implant in his brain the damn thing makes him overact to the point of being comedic if you're no fan of Reeves steer clear of this, but still good fun to be had tho as a popcorn munching no-brainer.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!