Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 08:23 PM

Ordered:

http://dv1.us/p1/128/253128-d0.jpg

platostotal 20th January 2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 518138)

Many, many years ago it was on British TV as Blazing Magnums, caught the last half of it and thought it pretty good, Tisa Farrow and Stuart Whitman make an interesting choice in casting but it works and he gets to be a bad ass.

trebor8273 20th January 2017 10:53 PM

12 Attachment(s)
Dr strange, firefly and windmill massacre from amazon. Hex and Veronica Marswhich was only 4.99 are from music magpie. The rest are from Cex think I went I bit overboard with Dr Who.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 518152)
Dr strange, firefly and windmill massacre from amazon. Hex and Veronica Marswhich was only 4.99 are from music magpie. The rest are from Cex think I went I bit overboard with Dr Who.

Impossible!

A word to the wise. Don't get rid of them this time. :nod: :wise:

trebor8273 20th January 2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518153)
Impossible!

A word to the wise. Don't get rid of them this time. :nod: :wise:

They did have a lot more buy these were either more expensive than new or those ones that came with that magazine and had no extras and awful artwotrk. Which they really shouldn't be selling

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 518154)
They did have a lot more buy these were either more expensive than new or those ones that came with that magazine and had no extras and awful artwotrk. Which they really shouldn't be selling

I ordered my very final Doctor Who dvd this evening in that Amazon offer. I've now finished replacing the earlier releases with their two disc special edition counterparts...something i said i'd never do. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there'll be more to come though if the animation dept get cracking on some more lost stories.:nod:

trebor8273 20th January 2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 518156)
I ordered my very final Doctor Who dvd this evening in that Amazon offer. I've now finished replacing the earlier releases with their two disc special edition counterparts...something i said i'd never do. :rolleyes:

Hopefully there'll be more to come though if the animation dept get cracking on some more lost stories.:nod:

I was looking at the underwater menace on amazon but was a bit disappointed that it doesnt have animated episodes for the missing ones. Was bit sneaky to release ones that have already been released with another disc of extras, hadn't talons been released 3 times, one disc, two disc and finally 3?

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 518158)
I was looking at the underwater menace on amazon but was a bit disappointed that it doesnt have animated episodes for the missing ones. Was bit sneaky to release ones that have already been released with another disc of extras, hadn't talons been released 3 times, one disc, two disc and finally 3?

No just on it's own in the early days then as part of the Revisitations box set.

What happened was they cleaned up the early stories as best they could, however as time went on they developed a new technique called Vidfire which enabled them to clean the recordings to an even higher level. If they could come up with more extras, and they really do a first rate job with them, then they produced the special two disc editions.

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th January 2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

I was looking at the underwater menace on amazon but was a bit disappointed that it doesnt have animated episodes for the missing ones.

Basically they released The Underwater Menace just because they had two episodes, one of which was recently found. It was just because fans wanted it out on disc.

It's a terrible tale anyway.

Susan Foreman 21st January 2017 05:47 AM

Quote:

hadn't talons been released 3 times, one disc, two disc and finally 3?

At time of writing, the only story with three releases is 'Spearhead From Space' - the original release in 2001; the version in the 'Mannequin Mania' box set from 2011 (which was the only way to get 'Terror Of The Autons', so if you already has 'SFS', you had to get it again) and the Blu-Ray edition from 2013