Like Tree151204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2017, 08:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
All of them seem to end up in HMV's 2 for £25 just after release. The cheapest way to buy them (at least thus far).

If you don't care about the Criterion style Scanavo case, the booklet or the DVD then these (or at least the ones Powerhouse seem worthy of re-releasing anyway) are supposed to be getting trimmed down versions once the limited runs sell through, which should by definition be cheaper and less limited.
10 Rillington Place was shipped today from HMV. It's taken them a fortnight to get more copies, so i'm thinking this is one of those that may becoming scarce shortly.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
All of them seem to end up in HMV's 2 for £25 just after release. The cheapest way to buy them (at least thus far).

If you don't care about the Criterion style Scanavo case, the booklet or the DVD then these (or at least the ones Powerhouse seem worthy of re-releasing anyway) are supposed to be getting trimmed down versions once the limited runs sell through, which should by definition be cheaper and less limited.
The bare bones Powerhouse version of Christine is in Sainsburies already.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:51 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
The bare bones Powerhouse version of Christine is in Sainsburies already.
Apparently Powerhouse have said that this is something different entirely and is a 'supermarket exclusive' which won't necessarily reflect the stripped down regular versions that they will be selling elsewhere once the limited editions sell out. I think they mentioned that the normal regular editions should maintain the on-disc extras.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:53 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
10 Rillington Place was shipped today from HMV. It's taken them a fortnight to get more copies, so i'm thinking this is one of those that may becoming scarce shortly.
Glad to hear it shipped.

I've been waiting for weeks for HMV to ship my copy of The Church Blu-ray as they have been out of stock.
Old 24th January 2017, 09:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Glad to hear it shipped.

I've been waiting for weeks for HMV to ship my copy of The Church Blu-ray as they have been out of stock.
Cheers. I was hoping it wouldn't take ages in case they sent a none dual format release further down the line.

How odd! Does anywhere have it? Wonder if it's initial run ran to only a couple of hundred copies.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2017, 09:06 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
How odd! Does anywhere have it? Wonder if it's initial run ran to only a couple of hundred copies.
I think Shameless themselves ran out of stock and mentioned that more was on its way so I guess there is a knock-on-effect for the main e-tailers and retailers too. Hopefully they'll get the stock situation sorted soon and it doesn't end up selling out (it's supposed to be limited to 3,000 copies).
Old 24th January 2017, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Cheers. I was hoping it wouldn't take ages in case they sent a none dual format release further down the line.

I had it on order before Xmas I only got a copy a couple a weeks ago. They only got enough copys to cover back orders don't know its back in stock now.
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th January 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Apparently Powerhouse have said that this is something different entirely and is a 'supermarket exclusive' which won't necessarily reflect the stripped down regular versions that they will be selling elsewhere once the limited editions sell out. I think they mentioned that the normal regular editions should maintain the on-disc extras.
Oh I see. That's odd.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:14 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Now available to order.

ORDERED!

Waiting for the 88 version of Iron Master. Hopefully they use the uncensored version of the artwork that I hooked them up with on the reverse.
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:16 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Yeah, I believe the non-limited editions will just be the blu-rays with the extras, no dvd or booklet, and probably in a normal blue case.

Like this? Share it using the links below!