Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 4th March 2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 523648)
Weird. Not sure why it's so low in Fopp.

Because Fopp are bloody brilliant.

bleakshaun 4th March 2017 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 523650)
Because Fopp are bloody brilliant.

amen to that, most of the arrow dvds and blu rays i own came from fopp

J Harker 4th March 2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 523651)
amen to that, most of the arrow dvds and blu rays i own came from fopp

I don't find them so good for Arrow but they're great for 88, BFI and Second Sight stuff.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th March 2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 523652)
I don't find them so good for Arrow but they're great for 88, BFI and Second Sight stuff.

When i was last in Fopp, early November they had loads of Arrow on offer as well as BFI, 88, Network and Shameless.

I have money waiting for my next visit. However i'm not going when the offers are 101 and Film4 as they are now.

J Harker 5th March 2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 523653)
When i was last in Fopp, early November they had loads of Arrow on offer as well as BFI, 88, Network and Shameless.

I have money waiting for my next visit. However i'm not going when the offers are 101 and Film4 as they are now.

Sorry I should be clearer, when they actually have a specific promotion on they are actually the best for Arrow. But it's there day to day prices for other labels that always pleases me. I've picked a few Second Sight blus up in there at £6 just because that was the price.

bleakshaun 5th March 2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 523652)

they used to be amazing for it

Justin101 5th March 2017 10:50 AM

When stuff is in the 5 for £30 (which works out at £6) Fopp tends to sell it at £6. They sell out fast so they don't have them for long.

Buboven 5th March 2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 523679)
When stuff is in the 5 for £30 (which works out at £6) Fopp tends to sell it at £6. They sell out fast so they don't have them for long.

Just wish there was a Fopp in Cardiff , always pop in there when I visit Edinburgh, which is like a film-lovers paradise with all its great independent cinemas aswell as Fopp. In Cardiff we have only got HMV, one modern art-house cinema with a small screen and a pop up cinema.

J Harker 5th March 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 523699)
Just wish there was a Fopp in Cardiff , always pop in there when I visit Edinburgh, which is like a film-lovers paradise with all its great independent cinemas aswell as Fopp. In Cardiff we have only got HMV, one modern art-house cinema with a small screen and a pop up cinema.

Nearest fopp I know of for us would be Bristol. I try and call in whenever I'm over there.

Deadite 5th March 2017 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Poltergeist box set came with disc 3 missing (weird as it was a new shrink-wrapped copy) so e-mail sent to them.

My retail therapy has run to a non-film book and as this was 65 hours for £10, a non-brainer...