Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Deadite 12th March 2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 524484)
I didn't like the film either, but haven't seen any of the TV show so I have no point of reference. It was the same for Miami Vice.

Well, the series is not a comedy like the film is. It contains humour and gets more light-hearted as it goes on, but it's a pretty much straight-up cop show.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th March 2017 05:47 PM

I love the series of Starsky and Hutch and also enjoyed the film. Yes it's a comedy but so what?

When i compare it to the oh so serious movie of Miami Vice which is a bona fide bore-a-thon based on another series i loved.

I'd take Snoop Dog and co every time.

Thats just personal opinion though.

Deadite 12th March 2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 524487)
Yes it's a comedy but so what?

So what indeed. I was pointing out to Nos (who hasn't seen either) that the series is not a comedy like the film. Comment on whether that is a positive or negative on either product was neither expressed or implied by myself.

So belt up.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th March 2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 524491)
So what indeed. I was pointing out to Nos (who hasn't seen either) that the series is not a comedy like the film. Comment on whether that is a positive or negative on either product was neither expressed or implied by myself.

So belt up.

I wasn't even replying to you. Did i quote you? It was general opinion from myself.

Telling people to belt up is not on, Deadite.

Inspector Abberline 12th March 2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 524492)
I wasn't even replying to you. Did i quote you? It was general opinion from myself.

Im sorry Dem's but wearing a seat belt in this country is compulsory,so belt up,I do not care what back water in breed village you live in but this is England and you will obey the Road safety act ,or get your collar felt so belt up.....

Deadite 12th March 2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 524492)

Quite right, old chap. Not bantery enough, agreed.

monkeypedro 13th March 2017 08:48 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Deliveries from last week.

Justin101 13th March 2017 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Popped into HMV to pick up The Love Witch and accidentally spent £30 :lol: It's payday on Friday so hey ho...

SymbioticFunction 13th March 2017 12:50 PM

Ordered a Peter Cushing film, Doctor Who: Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 AD. Bought it with the last of my birthday money. I have strong nostalgia for this film as I recall enjoying it immensely when I was just a little boy. I suspect that Dr Who purists are probably a little bit sniffy about the two Cushing films as they portray the titular character as a doddery old inventor rather than an actual timelord but that really doesn't bother me. Invasion Earth is easily the better of the two films and I am looking forward to a high definition viewing, will be a lot of fun. :)

platostotal 13th March 2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 524570)
Ordered a Peter Cushing film, Doctor Who: Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 AD. Bought it with the last of my birthday money. I have strong nostalgia for this film as I recall enjoying it immensely when I was just a little boy. I suspect that Dr Who purists are probably a little bit sniffy about the two Cushing films as they portray the titular character as a doddery old inventor rather than an actual timelord but that really doesn't bother me. Invasion Earth is easily the better of the two films and I am looking forward to a high definition viewing, will be a lot of fun. :)

Invasion Earth is great fun, Cushing is fine for a 60s era Doctor Who, anything with the Daleks in is okay by me...

(now I'll have dig out my DVD double pack of the films and give em a watch.)