Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 528319)
We Still Steal The Old Way was delivered by Amazon yesterday. UK companies, i'm taking about Studio Canal and Platform Entertainment (formally Anchor Bay UK), really piss me off though. I have no idea why they insist on lpcm 2.0 stereo as the default audio on their blu-ray's. Platform with these films, and Studio Canal with High Rise, Non-Stop, and their biggest ****up, including a Dolby Atmos 7.1 track on The Gunman....and still making the default track lpcm stereo.

Attachment 189360

My copy from HMV hasn't turned up yet. Easter has made a pigs ear of the post. I doubt i'll get it until Wednesday at least.

Inspector Abberline 15th April 2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528322)
My copy from HMV hasn't turned up yet. Easter has made a pigs ear of the post. I doubt i'll get it until Wednesday at least.

First World Problems eh,Personally I blame the North Koreans.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:44 AM

What Have You Bought Recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528322)

Surprised it arrived yesterday since it's not supposed to be out until Monday. Plus, we still get post on Good Friday.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Abberline (Post 528323)
First World Problems eh,Personally I blame the North Koreans.

No wonder they feel everyone is against them when people like you blame them for one of the Christian churches oldest festivals and the UK postal service. :axekiller:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 528319)
We Still Steal The Old Way was delivered by Amazon yesterday. UK companies, i'm taking about Studio Canal and Platform Entertainment (formally Anchor Bay UK), really piss me off though. I have no idea why they insist on lpcm 2.0 stereo as the default audio on their blu-ray's. Platform with these films, and Studio Canal with High Rise, Non-Stop, and their biggest ****up, including a Dolby Atmos 7.1 track on The Gunman....and still making the default track lpcm stereo.

I can't remember which distributor does it the most, but there are some BDs where the default audio track is usually Dolby Digital 5.1, with LPCM 5.1 or DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 as the second track.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 528325)
Surprised it arrived yesterday since it's not supposed to be out until Monday. Plus, we still get post on Good Friday.

Of course it's not a bank holiday in Scotland is it. :nod:

Inspector Abberline 15th April 2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 528327)
No wonder they feel everyone is against them when people like you blame them for one of the Christian churches oldest festivals and the UK postal service. :axekiller:

yeah the festival of stuffing our faces with chocolate. what else is happening this weekend?

(the north Koreans love to f**k about with the audio options on blu rays too)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 528328)
I can't remember which distributor does it the most, but there are some BDs where the default audio track is usually Dolby Digital 5.1, with LPCM 5.1 or DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 as the second track.

Yeah, crazy. I could deal with lossy 5.1 a bit better than 2.0 stereo for new films though. Someone needs to send the boys from We Still Steal round to have a word with them.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 12:37 PM

6 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2017 12:41 PM

Nina Forever is pretty good Dem.