Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 18th April 2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 528969)
I didn't like the (overt) subtext of romanticising truly awful people. However, I might feel differently with a second watch and treating it more like a bad taste, nostalgic cartoon than a serious film with a believable message. If it's any comparison, I didn't care for Harry Brown either, for very similar reasons.

I highly enjoyed Harry Brown watched it several times . think its well made

Demoncrat 18th April 2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 528978)
I highly enjoyed Harry Brown watched it several times . think its well made

"You failed to maintain your weapon, son ...." ;)

Justin101 18th April 2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 528971)
My Cramps cd turned up ... sealed ...with exra tracks not on the Big Beat release and the "3D" cover on the reverse of the booklet. So me very happy bunny :) :dance:

Which one did you buy? Off The Bone?

Demoncrat 18th April 2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 528981)
Which one did you buy? Off The Bone?

Yes. Though also love the cover of Bad Music For Bad People .... a great image also:nod:.
Always dug their absolute disregard for trends
Unlike The Ramones who did try and court the mainstream ( much to their detriment I felt)
Ahem.

plasterface 18th April 2017 08:34 PM

what's inside a girl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 528983)
Yes. Though also love the cover of Bad Music For Bad People .... a great image also:nod:.
Unlike The Ramones who did try and court the mainstream ( much to their detriment I felt)
Ahem.

The Cramps are fantastic

Justin101 18th April 2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Ahem.

I love both covers but I think Off the Bone has some more exclusive b-side stuff on it. I personally love "I Can't Hardly Stand It" and "Human Fly" naturally...

A Date With Elvis is their best cover though, Ivy :loveeyes:

Demoncrat 18th April 2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 528985)
I love both covers but I think Off the Bone has some more exclusive b-side stuff on it. I personally love "I Can't Hardly Stand It" and "Human Fly" naturally...

A Date With Elvis is their best cover though, Ivy :loveeyes:

Human Fly is in my top 10 "crushers" riffwise ;)
Made for playing at 12 :lol:
ADWE is certainly eyecatching Il give you that ;);)
Just noticed it has You Got Good Taste.
Which means Il have to get Smell now :lol:
Ivy looks fetching on that as well ....

plasterface 18th April 2017 08:50 PM

purchases

off to the post depot tomorrow to pick up my parcel from music magpie. To replace some mislaid films i got a dvd box set containing may, love object and king of the ants. Also got Brando's The island of Dr Moreau which I find hilarious. Since I dont court e-bay or amazon and prefer to scour markets, charity shops , cex etc for films it's took me an obscenely long time to track down uk dvd of it, very puzzling. Got the blu of moreau doc lost soul, fantastic extra where director Richard Stanley gets made up as a beastman for a q and a session at a fest.

Demoncrat 18th April 2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plasterface (Post 528988)
off to the post depot tomorrow to pick up my parcel from music magpie. To replace some mislaid films i got a dvd box set containing may, love object and king of the ants. Also got Brando's The island of Dr Moreau which I find hilarious. Since I dont court e-bay or amazon and prefer to scour markets, charity shops , cex etc for films it's took me an obscenely long time to track down uk dvd of it, very puzzling. Got the blu of moreau doc lost soul, fantastic extra where director Richard Stanley gets made up as a beastman for a q and a session at a fest.

That's a sick little trio (May/LO/KOTA) right there. Kudos!! :nod:

Inspector Abberline 18th April 2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Ahem.

First Chuck and now you diss The Ramones,you outside now....:freddy: