Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th May 2017 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 532175)
Bought Hex and The Ninth Configuration as blind buys today. What are your opinions on these people? :)

Hex was pretty poor.

monkeypedro 6th May 2017 11:31 PM

I have watched a few hundred Shaw Brothers movies since i was a kid and must say that Hex is far from the best of the Shaw Brothers horror movies. I would definitely recommend checking out Seeding of a Ghost and the upcoming release of 88 Films The Oily Maniac which is bonkers.

Fingers crossed that 88 Films Asia will release Lost Souls, Boxers Omen, Killer Snakes and Bamboo House of Dolls on bluray as these are among some of the best of the Shaws horror and exploitation output.

Buboven 7th May 2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeypedro (Post 532196)
I have watched a few hundred Shaw Brothers movies since i was a kid and must say that Hex is far from the best of the Shaw Brothers horror movies. I would definitely recommend checking out Seeding of a Ghost and the upcoming release of 88 Films The Oily Maniac which is bonkers.

Fingers crossed that 88 Films Asia will release Lost Souls, Boxers Omen, Killer Snakes and Bamboo House of Dolls on bluray as these are among some of the best of the Shaws horror and exploitation output.

Still have the receipt so can probably swap it :)

SymbioticFunction 7th May 2017 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buboven (Post 532175)
Bought Hex and The Ninth Configuration as blind buys today. What are your opinions on these people? :)

The Ninth Configuration is an excellent film, a great blind-buy. A gothic mystery, with lots of black comedy and a very enjoyable and violent exploitation sequence. It makes up a great trilogy with the other films being The Exorcist and Exorcist III Legion (the astronaut in 9th is the same character that briefly appears in The Exorcist). The blu-ray's PQ is certainly nothing to shout about but that isn't surprising considering the limitations of the source material. Nevertheless is great to own a director's cut in HD.

trebor8273 7th May 2017 02:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
these turned up today, well last five minutes actually, including my "lost" copy of prey which i was supposed to get Friday. will now have to cancel the replacement that amazon have sent out. was all a bit strange as got call from amazon logistics today that they found it and did i want it delivered, than man even said just to keep the replacement as the other is considerd lost, but no i will send it back

Deadite 7th May 2017 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think i posted this as bought last year, as i know i pre-ordered it. I then cancelled the pre-order.

Now i've ordered it again and for £8 which is about half the price of the pre-order i cancelled.

Rik 7th May 2017 07:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Upgraded my Arrow DVD of this fine piece of goat shagging trash earlier :)

Attachment 190353

And because I really don't like that artwork (prefer Rick's "Arse" artwork), I'll be switching the cover round to this as soon as it arrives :nod:

Attachment 190354

Demoncrat 7th May 2017 09:07 PM

Kill List BD £2.50 Cex.
Found bugger all in the shop with the dog. Plenty there, well, actually no. They had shifted everything downstairs ( again), with the stock in a very haphazard fashion. Plus stuff not in right sections .... Eddie the Eagle in the World Cinema etc. :rolleyes:
Tsk. Gie me the job etc :lol:

Inspector Abberline 7th May 2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 532348)
Kill List BD £2.50 Cex.
Found bugger all in the shop with the dog. Plenty there, well, actually no. They had shifted everything downstairs ( again), with the stock in a very haphazard fashion. Plus stuff not in right sections .... Eddie the Eagle in the World Cinema etc. :rolleyes:
Tsk. Gie me the job etc :lol:

you weren't in a pet shop by any chance, maybe why you couldn't find anything to buy...

Demoncrat 7th May 2017 09:11 PM

:laugh: