Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

vincenzo 14th April 2010 02:13 PM

Thoroughly enjoyed The Changeling. Creepy stuff with the ever reliable George C. :nod:

Phats 14th April 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 74089)
Went and got:

Bride with white hair 1 (tartan)
Fearless (Jet Li)
House (AB)
Friday13th 6 & 8 (my 2 faves :p)
Double Team (Tsui Hark directed JCVD actioner) Can't wait to see this as I loved what John Woo did with Hard Target!! :D (I like Hark just as much as Woo :D)

All from CEX (BwWH was most expensive @ £3.50)

Watch out for the various awful basketball puns in Double Team. It's not a great movie but it's certainly better than Simon Sez.

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 74091)
The Changeling

The movie that gave me nightmares for years as a child. :cry:

pedromonkey 14th April 2010 04:23 PM

it's one ive never seen. it seems to be a favourite among people on here, im kinda getting back into the haunted house genre as i recently got Legend of Hell House and The Haunting (original)...

Stephen@Cult Labs 14th April 2010 04:25 PM

I haven't seen it in years,I'd probably watch it now and slap myself for being such a baby all those years ago!

oaxaca 14th April 2010 04:53 PM

Changeling is a cool film, a classic haunted house story. Legend of Hell House is also a favourite of mine but the best must be the Haunting; its a masterpiece (and filmed just down the road from me in Ettington Manor :p).

darthelvis 14th April 2010 06:38 PM

Trying to get all the Arrow releases so picked up Silent Night Deadly Night and Sleepless in Newcastle. Also received Day of the Dead Blu Ray and Terror at the Opera prizes today.

Picking up some video nasties online as well and got Axe, SS Experiment Camp, Unhinged, Dead and Buried & Driller Killer

Pete 14th April 2010 06:41 PM

The XXX version of Beast in Space arrived this morning:dance:

Philleh 14th April 2010 06:52 PM

Grab yourself some Uranus Milk and settle down, ma'man!!

(and try to stay awake! ha)

42ndStreetFreak 14th April 2010 08:04 PM

"Patrick" £1

"Sudden Fury" - Low budget UK gore/action film.
One of the last appearances of the wonderful David Warbeck, as a blowtorch wielding gangster boss!

"Tenchu" - DVD-R (widescreen, subs, pretty good quality).
One of the holy grails of Samurai cinema, sadly not with a DVD release.
Epic in scope, full of Intrigue, much blood and a cast that includes Katsu Shintaro (Zatoichi), Nakadai Tatsuya ("Ran") and that infamous nut case Mishima Yukiro.

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2010 01:22 PM

Just got back frm Glasgow,where I bought the Renny Harlin movie Prison, Extreme Prejudice starring Nick Nolte, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (for £3) and the steelbook edition of 2012 (probably rubbish but it's a steelbook!)

oaxaca 15th April 2010 01:30 PM

Watched EXTREME PREJUDICE not long ago. Its a decent Walter Hill effort, and Nick Nolte is always very cool. He doesn't do much talking, tends to let his gun (and his girlfriend) do all of that :p

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2010 01:33 PM

I've not seen it since it was made :eek: Looking forward to seeing a not so crazy as he is now Nolte. :lol:

gag 15th April 2010 01:56 PM

Just bought

police story
The killer .... both hong kong legends
my little eye ...
Scum
Cloverfield
Face off
Raging bull
Saw 5

All for £9
Because in cash convertors all dvs r between £1.50 and £2 or 5 for £5
And

Resistance fall of man ps3 game £4

oaxaca 15th April 2010 01:57 PM

Nice Haul! especially the HKL ones :thumb:

vincenzo 15th April 2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 74377)
Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed (for £3)

Possibly my favourite Hammer Frankenstein film and definitely one of Cushing's nastiest horror performances.

oaxaca 15th April 2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 74403)
Possibly my favourite Hammer Frankenstein film and definitely one of Cushing's nastiest horror performances.

My favourite Hammer Frankenstein would be "Frankenstein Created Women". Wonderfully atmospheric little film! :)

vincenzo 15th April 2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 74405)
My favourite Hammer Frankenstein would be "Frankenstein Created Women". Wonderfully atmospheric little film! :)

Another good choice. It's surprising that Susan Denberg never went on to appear in anything else of merit. The only other thing I recall seeing her in was as one of Mudd's girls in the Star Trek episode.

Sargento 15th April 2010 04:23 PM

Ordered the new Arrow

Stendhal Syndrome

Last nite! Email says on it's way!! Wahoo! weekend viewing :cool:

:pop2:

gag 15th April 2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 74387)
Nice Haul! especially the HKL ones :thumb:

There a few cash convertors and those type of shops around darlington and middlesborough where i could pick up allsort of hong kong legends for £2 r less nothing to rare or hard to find tho

Basketcase 15th April 2010 06:12 PM

just ordered this version of the re-animator comes with a free marker pen made to look like a syringe full of re-agent.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...ML._SS500_.jpg

LineSix 15th April 2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basketcase (Post 74484)
just ordered this version of the re-animator comes with a free marker pen made to look like a syringe full of re-agent.

I got the UK version of that set about two years ago from HMV for about a fiver, I've not opened the pen thing though, kept it sealed.

oaxaca 15th April 2010 06:17 PM

LOOKS AWESOME! such a funny film :p

mbv 15th April 2010 06:30 PM

Picked up Love Guru and Final Destination 3D on blu ray
Assault on precinct 13 special edition
Saw 5
Save the green planet
Prince of Darkness

Also ordered Texas Chainsaw massacre Blu ray

nekromantik 15th April 2010 06:37 PM

Just bought The Stendhal Syndrome :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basketcase (Post 74484)

Yeah I got that US set too. I not opened the pen tho :lol:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th April 2010 06:58 PM

Yeah I've got that Re-Animator set too, and again I'm another who hasn't opened the pen... ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2010 07:05 PM

Just checked my dvds and the question going through my mind is,how could I throw out the box and highlighter from my copy of Re-Animator? :eek:

nekromantik 15th April 2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 74515)
Just checked my dvds and the question going through my mind is,how could I throw out the box and highlighter from my copy of Re-Animator? :eek:

:eek:

how could ya :ohwell:

Stephen@Cult Labs 15th April 2010 07:35 PM

I know! Luckily it was released without the box and pen.I'd feel worse if it hadn't been and I was missing a part of my set.

pedromonkey 15th April 2010 07:56 PM

i've got the one without the highlighter cost me 2.99 on amazon but ive also got the 2 disc millenium edition from the U.S, still need to get Bride of Re-animator but doesn't seem to be a descent release, maybe arrow should release it.....

Gojirosan 15th April 2010 08:00 PM

Black Water (amazing film, I just had to own it after seeing it!)
Diary Of The Dead (limited 2 disk steelbook...shut up! I like it! :tongue1:)
John Carpenter's Vampires - Los Muertos (which I got by mistake thinking it was JC's Vampires. I didn't even know there was a sequel! I was saddened to see that Jon Bon Jovi is in it...but I'll give it a watch!)

pedromonkey 15th April 2010 08:26 PM

just got Black Water too, I also like Diary of the Dead Vampires los meurtos is actually pretty descent, infact i thought it was better than JC's Vampires, didn't really like that one....

42ndStreetFreak 15th April 2010 08:29 PM

Picked up some cheapo finds in the market;

"Teeth"
"Scrooge" - (Alastair Sim)

cinematheque 15th April 2010 08:43 PM

A couple of great westerns, one spaghetti, the other noodle:

The Great Silence - with a wonderful performace by Klaus Kinski
Red Sun - starring Toshiro Mifune, Ursula Andress, Alain Delon and Charles Bronson, what a cast!

Also a Kinji Fukasaku trilogy, the man is a master

re.form 15th April 2010 08:46 PM

Road Games (Optimum)
Footprints (Thanks, Shameless)

kingofwitches666 16th April 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 73596)
Just picked up The Master of Gore Collection containing the Herschell Gordon Lewis films 2000 Maniacs, Wizard of Gore, Gruesome Twosome and Colour Me Blood Red for £4! :happy:

My copy arrived today, so I would like to say a big thank you to KPWNINJA and oaxaca for telling us about this fantastic offer & for pointing us in the right direction. Cheers guys!:thumb: You are part of the reason why I love these boards so much!!:dance:

Phats 16th April 2010 11:04 AM

My copy arrived on Wednesday so I too would like to thank KPWNINJA and oaxaca.

I have ordered Beyond Re-Animator and Masters of Horror season one US boxset.

oaxaca 16th April 2010 11:37 AM

My copy hasn't arrived yet!! typical :p Its getting a bit late even for our lazy postman now so hopefully tomorrow :nod:

pedromonkey 16th April 2010 11:42 AM

this morning brought me 4 dvds....

lowbudget Zombie flick The Dead Outisde.

and some trade titles from Gaahl07...

Class of 1984
Scarecrows
Deathship

Cheers Gaahl07!!!

oaxaca 16th April 2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 74607)
My copy hasn't arrived yet!! typical :p Its getting a bit late even for our lazy postman now so hopefully tomorrow :nod:

Spoke too soon, its just come this minute woop woop :D

Hey Pedro, from your list I've seen SCARECROWS. Quite a low budget horror/action film. Entertaining enough film, different to what I was hoping it would be though (which was a COTC style chiller) :)