Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

trebor8273 18th June 2017 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 538320)
Picked up Body Puzzle, All the colours of the Dark & Mountaintop Motel Massacre from hmv, looking at future release dates & trying not to get too far behind with stuff i want. July 10th looks like an expensive week, Logan, Creepazoids, I DrinkYour Blood and Hide & go Shreik all out!

Thankfully only the first two for me.

Justin101 19th June 2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 538048)
Phantasm set finally turned up from Cex and its even sealed!

edit
had a quick look and would of been disappointed if i paid £70. the sphere is smaller than i expected(about the size in the films) but i was expecting it to be like the old set, so they really should of but the films in proper cases and not the cardboard things they come in, but for £35 cant complain

That's a good deal Treb, I agree with you though, I've been on the fence so much about this set but aside from it being really ugly, it's just not worth £70. I'd probably have been happy to pay £50 for it. The House Collection was £35 and is 4 amaray boxes and a hardback book so I don't know how they can justify double the price for 6 CD cases and cheap plastic ball. Perhaps they had to pay a lot to license Ravager?

Anyway, Arrow prices are on the increase, I'm a bit salty about Argento's Bird ended at £23, that's a lot for one film, especially since I have to think twice about sending £18 on a Criterion... Bird should be here today, it's with the Amazon courier.

:behindsofa:

trebor8273 19th June 2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 538352)
That's a good deal Treb, I agree with you though, I've been on the fence so much about this set but aside from it being really ugly, it's just not worth £70. I'd probably have been happy to pay £50 for it. The House Collection was £35 and is 4 amaray boxes and a hardback book so I don't know how they can justify double the price for 6 CD cases and cheap plastic ball. Perhaps they had to pay a lot to license Ravager?

Anyway, Arrow prices are on the increase, I'm a bit salty about Argento's Bird ended at £23, that's a lot for one film, especially since I have to think twice about sending £18 on a Criterion... Bird should be here today, it's with the Amazon courier.

it looks and feels so cheap and tacky, i would wait till it hits about £40, which i think it will do, as i don't think its selling as well as arrow expected or wait for the individual releases

Justin101 19th June 2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 538268)
Some charity shop buys. The blu-rays were poundland specials.

I was looking at The Cat Girl on the Network sale yesterday, I never picked it up though.

J Harker 19th June 2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

I'll probably get shot down for this but i personally think that Arrow have just gotten greedy.

Rik 19th June 2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

I'm hoping my copy of Bird arrives from HMV today, I've a fairly quiet day with lessons so I've got time to check it out

trebor8273 19th June 2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 538358)
I'll probably get shot down for this but i personally think that Arrow have just gotten greedy.

no, i agree 100% for me it all really started once they made the push to the american market at times it feels like we who made them what they are a second thought to them.

Justin101 19th June 2017 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 538358)

Not by me, I'm starting to get reluctant to buy their stuff now. I paid £15.50 for Deep Red just 18 months ago and that came with a soundtrack CD and 2 cuts of the film. We're getting less value for £7.50 more with Bird, but it's in a fancy thick card box so they think they can trick us...

However, they've also backed us into a corner, they know we want it :(

Rik 19th June 2017 08:56 AM

I definitely pick and choose the titles I buy from them nowadays, unlike in the windowbox case days when I'd blind buy most of their releases, but I'm a sucker for these Argento titles :lol:

J Harker 19th June 2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 538363)
I definitely pick and choose the titles I buy from them nowadays, unlike in the windowbox case days when I'd blind buy most of their releases, but I'm a sucker for these Argento titles [emoji38]

I'm still happy to blind buy once stuff hits sales but the fact they now only put booklets in the first run does piss me off. And they're sale are shit so HMV and Amazon can have my money instead.