Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

SymbioticFunction 27th June 2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 539549)
its so small (packaging) amarays wont fit, its not tall enough

Amarays will go directly onto the shelving unit with the other bds, not in the box packaging. :)

SymbioticFunction 27th June 2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 539549)
i really think this is not selling well, expected it to be months if not years before it sells out. should of been £50, but just shows how greedy arrow have become

Yeah, the high price has definitely affected sales. If it had been 50 quid, it would have sold out very quickly. Am glad that I've picked up a copy as there is no guarantee that Arrow will reissue the set and the wife and I are fairly big fans of the franchise.

Justin101 27th June 2017 07:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So a couple of pick-ups from fopp, I had most of the BFI and Second Sight ones that were interesting but I managed to pick up a few things, plus a £35 from CEX Phantasm box set, unfortunately not sealed like Treb's was but still in (almost) mint condition, although the J card was blue-tacked on, but it hasn't made any grease stains.

trebor8273 27th June 2017 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539582)
So a couple of pick-ups from fopp, I had most of the BFI and Second Sight ones that were interesting but I managed to pick up a few things, plus a £35 from CEX Phantasm box set, unfortunately not sealed like Treb's was but still in (almost) mint condition, although the J card was blue-tacked on, but it hasn't made and grease stains.

I don't understand why mine was sealed as taking sealed stuff in and was asked to open it.

So what do you think of the set?

Justin101 27th June 2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 539583)
I don't understand why mine was sealed as taking sealed stuff in and was asked to open it.

I doesn't look as bad when it's out of the wrapping and the J-Card is removed, it being a different colour from the box makes it look tackier, but the sphere is crappy... However, the book looks really interesting.

Demoncrat 27th June 2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 539583)

Sorry
You were asked to open sealed items?
WTF?
I would have walked at that point.

Demoncrat 27th June 2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539582)
So a couple of pick-ups from fopp, I had most of the BFI and Second Sight ones that were interesting but I managed to pick up a few things, plus a £35 from CEX Phantasm box set, unfortunately not sealed like Treb's was but still in (almost) mint condition, although the J card was blue-tacked on, but it hasn't made any grease stains.

Haul!

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th June 2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 539589)
Sorry
You were asked to open sealed items?
WTF?
I would have walked at that point.

Yes they always do that.

SymbioticFunction 27th June 2017 11:58 PM

I'm not surprised that Cex usually want to open sealed packaging. They put empty cases on display, and store the discs behind the counter (to prevent theft). Perhaps a Phantasm box set remained sealed as it wouldn't fit on the shelves anyway, and would actually be displayed behind glass.

Nostalgic 28th June 2017 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539432)
I had this on pre-order for so long I forgot I had it on order at all :lol:

No extras, and a 'booklet' (3 sides of writing and a poster artwork cover page) with a Calum Waddell essay. I've never even seen the film but I have the soundtrack...

https://s25.postimg.org/eqbcqc7gv/File_000.jpg

No extras? I remember all the delays being due to "amazing extras being produced", and "you will be amazed at this edition" etc. Was hoping for loads as it's been over a year since it's original release date. Still, not to worry, at least it's another hard to get movie out in hd!

Wonder if 88 will get any more obscure Fulci stuff out after Touch of Death?