Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 539627)
No extras? I remember all the delays being due to "amazing extras being produced", and "you will be amazed at this edition" etc. Was hoping for loads as it's been over a year since it's original release date. Still, not to worry, at least it's another hard to get movie out in hd!

Wonder if 88 will get any more obscure Fulci stuff out after Touch of Death?

Even the Raro version has a documentary.

Justin101 28th June 2017 08:37 AM

I think I've pretty much lost my patience with 'The Italian Collection' now. I'm going to pick up the odd thing here and there, but I have no expectations at all.

Having a trailer and the Italian opening credits doesn't count as added extras and neither does a 3 sided bit of essay count as a booklet.

trebor8273 28th June 2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539637)
I think I've pretty much lost my patience with 'The Italian Collection' now. I'm going to pick up the odd thing here and there, but I have no expectations at all.

Having a trailer and the Italian opening credits doesn't count as added extras and neither does a 3 sided bit of essay count as a booklet.

agree 110%. how they can think what they put on most release counts as extras is beyond me!

keirarts 28th June 2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

This is why I wait for HMV to get them.

Rik 28th June 2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Maybe they've employed the same business model as Shameless, with their "Shameless Trailer Reel of Films We've Already Released" :lol:

keirarts 28th June 2017 09:37 AM

I suppose part of the problem is the UK market is quite small, a lot of people in the UK seem to prefer streaming and that the BBFC must certificate all bonus material, moving menus ect. American labels in this respect have a bigger advantage than UK ones. I think the economics of things must play a part.

Justin101 28th June 2017 09:53 AM

I don't mind if stuff is free of extras, it's the film which is important. What I don't like is when they advertise extras but it's a trailer. It's like the olden days of DVD when the 'extras' were chapter points and a menu screen :lol:

Rik 28th June 2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539645)
I don't mind if stuff is free of extras, it's the film which is important. What I don't like is when they advertise extras but it's a trailer. It's like the olden days of DVD when the 'extras' were chapter points and a menu screen :lol:

Exactly how I feel :nod:

Susan Foreman 28th June 2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 539645)
It's like the olden days of DVD when the 'extras' were chapter points and a menu screen :lol:

Not just any menu screen, but an ANIMATED menu screen!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2017 11:10 AM

What annoys me with companies (including 88) is under bonus features they list things like -

Quote:

Transferred in HD from original 16mm materials
How the hell is that a bonus feature?