Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540041)
Is Man Hunt the one which begins and ends at Berchtesgaden, b_e?

It's a blind buy and I haven't watched it yet so couldn't tell you I'm afraid!

MrBarlow 2nd July 2017 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got these two classic 80s movies at Sainsbury

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 540042)
It's a blind buy and I haven't watched it yet so couldn't tell you I'm afraid!

I think it is. Quite a good little thriller. I saw it two Christmases back. Does it have any extras? The dvd has bugger all.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540044)
I think it is. Quite a good little thriller. I saw it two Christmases back. Does it have any extras? The dvd has bugger all.

You can't really go wrong with Hollywood era Lang in my experience, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

The extras include:

- The Biggest Game: Jan-Christopher Horak on Fritz Lang's Man Hunt and Hollywood's Anti-Nazi films (21 mins)
- The Woman is Dangerous: Vanessa Wanger Hope on Joan Bennett, Walter Wanger and Fritz Lang (27 mins)
- Commentary by author Patrick McGilligan
- Rogue Mate: The making of Man Hunt
- Artwork and stills gallery
- Original theatrical trailer

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 540046)
You can't really go wrong with Hollywood era Lang in my experience, so I'm quite looking forward to it.

The extras include:

- The Biggest Game: Jan-Christopher Horak on Fritz Lang's Man Hunt and Hollywood's Anti-Nazi films (21 mins)
- The Woman is Dangerous: Vanessa Wanger Hope on Joan Bennett, Walter Wanger and Fritz Lang (27 mins)
- Commentary by author Patrick McGilligan
- Rogue Mate: The making of Man Hunt
- Artwork and stills gallery
- Original theatrical trailer

Seems like a decent package then. A good blind buy, nice one b_e.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 07:34 PM

I was in HMV today and was told the current deal of 2 for £15 for the Premium Collection releases well and on Tuesday, with the price going back up to 2 for £25. I decided to take the opportunity to buy the ones I didn't have (numbers 23-29), buying a chart CD (Kings of Leon's Walls) to make an even number.

http://i.imgur.com/zyPcHebh.jpg?1

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 540059)
I was in HMV today and was told the current deal of 2 for £15 for the Premium Collection releases well and on Tuesday, with the price going back up to 2 for £25. I decided to take the opportunity to buy the ones I didn't have (numbers 23-29), buying a chart CD (Kings of Leon's Walls) to make an even number.

I'm trying to decipher this one.

Are they going back up to 2 for £25 on Tuesday?

If that's the case then the offer only lasted ten days.

Edit - Just read your other post which makes more sense.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 540070)
I'm trying to decipher this one.

Are they going back up to 2 for £25 on Tuesday?

If that's the case then the offer only lasted ten days.

Edit - Just read your other post which makes more sense.

To be honest, I don't know. My understanding from what the sales assistant said was the offer finishes on Tuesday, so will the back to 2 for £25 on Wednesday. However, she may be mistaken or phrased it incorrectly, so they will be that price on Tuesday, or whoever told Stephen when the sale would finish is correct and they will be 2 for £25 at midnight tonight.

That's why I didn't take any chances and bought all of the remaining ones today rather than have today and half later next week. If there is anything I have learned from years of buying online, it is to proceed to checkout when the price is good rather than waiting a little and rueing misfortune!

The only thing I know for certain was that the staff in HMV were really impressed by the discount their employer was offering and, on Thursday and today, I left with bargains.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd July 2017 08:38 PM

Additionally, I'm not sure whether I mentioned this earlier, but I double dipped on titles like King Kong, Gremlins 2, The Adventures of Robin Hood, something I didn't want to do, but did so because I like the packaging and art cards. Those purchases are more than compensated by those from today where I don't think I've seen any of those films, let alone owning them in any format. I have a feeling I have seen The Dirty Dozen, but that was a long time ago.

Even the titles I bought on Thursday included upgrades (The Hunger, performance, and Donnie Brasco) and no double dips the films which I already have on BD. Of the Premium Collection titles which are upcoming, there aren't any which I have on the Blu-ray format, owning A Streetcar Named Desire and the three gangster films (Little Caesar, The Public Enemy, White Heat) on DVD, but none of the others (Sex, Lies and Videotape, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?).

I'm happy for them to look through my collection and see which highly rated films I don't own and give them the first British Blu-ray release!

VeZius 2nd July 2017 08:39 PM

Wow, didn't know Casualties of War was on Blu-ray. One of my favourite movies. Is that a good release Nos? Annoying that it has to be HMV exclusive!