Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th July 2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 541770)
Finally the Planet of the Apes movie was £4.99 if you bought something else. I never got around to buying this one after the cinema!

That's been in my wish list for years, and £4.99 is a great price for it, so I may go and have a look in the 5 for £30 selection in order to buy something to qualify for the additional purchase discount. When does the price deal on Rise of the Plans of the Apes finish?

Justin101 14th July 2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 541773)
That's been in my wish list for years, and £4.99 is a great price for it, so I may go and have a look in the 5 for £30 selection in order to buy something to qualify for the additional purchase discount. When does the price deal on Rise of the Plans of the Apes finish?

No idea sorry, I only saw it today so it's at least a few weeks, tied in the cinema release of War... I guess.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th July 2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 541778)
No idea sorry, I only saw it today so it's at least a few weeks, tied in the cinema release of War... I guess.

I hope that's the case so I'll either go in during the weekend or next week, probably Tuesday.

gag 14th July 2017 05:03 PM

I'm trying to finish of certain directors or films \ series etc , I've got missing .
Just ordered series 1 & 6 of lost now got all boxsets of the series , new York ripper uncut ,
And also ordered soldier blue, Intruder , and German uncut zombie holocaust all from amazon, and few of music magpie can't remember what of top my head ..

SymbioticFunction 15th July 2017 12:17 AM

Ordered a childrens film on blu-ray. Coraline by the director of Nightmare Before Christmas. Was sold by the fact that it is also in anaglyph 3D and lately, I've been having a bit of fun with that format. And there aren't many official anaglyph releases since it was pretty much killed off by the advent of real 3D technology. There are a fair few 1 star reviews on Amazon which strongly complain that it gave children nightmares! My wife has read the Neil Gaiman book so will be interested to see it. Cost 3.75 pounds for a second hand copy which the seller claims is "Like new" (time will tell). Not normally a person to take a risk on pre-owned discs but hopefully seller lives up to their claim.

SymbioticFunction 15th July 2017 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 541878)
Was sold by the fact that it is also in anaglyph 3D and lately, I've been having a bit of fun with that format.

Also ordered Piranha 3D for the same reason. Cost just 4 pounds for a new bd copy.

nosferatu42 15th July 2017 01:44 AM

I like Coraline, it is a pretty dark and twisted kids film though, hope you enjoy it SF.
The director also did 'James and the giant peach' which is also worth watching.:pop2:

bleakshaun 15th July 2017 09:16 AM

Just ordered of Zavvi Subspecies Trilogy DVD and Children of the Corn Blu

monkeypedro 15th July 2017 12:07 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Just had the other part of my All Your Music orders turn up this morning with no customs fees to pay thankfully. I took a gamble as they were marked as used when i ordered them as according to the listings some may have damage or missing booklets etc. Some had minor case damage and some were even sealed and the only negative was that the House Two Stories box set even though mint was missing the actual House disc but not worth sending back as only cost a fiver.

I picked up the Psycho Box set from Music Magpie, The Lorax from Poundland and the others (Logan's Run, Last House, To Wong Foo, Goonies & King of Comedy) were bought cheap from Facebook.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th July 2017 03:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This weeks new arrivals.