Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bdc 4th February 2011 09:11 AM

Just arrived... :)

The Harem (1967) (R2,Infinity Arthouse)
Gambit (1966) (R2,Second Sight)
Amer (2009) (RB,Anchor Bay) BD

buggenhagen 4th February 2011 10:04 AM

My copy of Santa Sangre turned up yesterday (from Axel Music) and I can confirm that it's definitely Region 0 - it plays fine in my UK PS3. Had a quick fiddle about and the whole package looks to be fantastic. A wealth of extras and the PQ looks great from the quick flick through that I had. Here's hoping Holy Mountain and El Topo get similar blu-ray treatment sometime soon.

My blu's of Martyrs and The Spaghetti Western collection also turned up yesterday - nice.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 126166)
Just arrived... :)

The Harem (1967) (R2,Infinity Arthouse)
Gambit (1966) (R2,Second Sight)
Amer (2009) (RB,Anchor Bay) BD

Nice haul -- is that Amer on DVD or Blu-ray? Mesrine: Parts 1 and 2 arrived yesterday to add to the increasing pile of unwatched discs, including about 20 hours of television!

bdc 4th February 2011 11:01 AM

Blu-ray... ;)

Gojirosan 4th February 2011 11:27 AM

The Pianist (Optimum Blu)
Axe (4Digital DVD)
The Initiation & Moutaintop Motel Massacre (Anchor Bay "Drive In Double Feature", R1 DVD)

ZigZagZombie 4th February 2011 01:09 PM

My Bay of Blood Blu-Ray's arrived this morning :woot: so gonna watch that asap (not seen it before so can't wait) and just ordered Nightmare City (DVD) and Spirits of the Dead (Blu) yesterday.

ZigZagZombie 4th February 2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggenhagen (Post 126168)
My copy of Santa Sangre turned up yesterday (from Axel Music) and I can confirm that it's definitely Region 0 - it plays fine in my UK PS3.

Excellent news! :rockon: Will have to get this one ordered asap me thinks. Cheers for the heads up btw :)

ZigZagZombie 4th February 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Here's hoping Holy Mountain and El Topo get similar blu-ray treatment sometime soon.

According to the calender on DVDBeaver Anchor Bay are releasing both of these on Blu in late April (25th I think). Not sure what the overall package is meant to be like extras wise but 'tis groovy news nonetheless :dance:

Gojirosan 4th February 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

My copy of Santa Sangre turned up yesterday (from Axel Music) and I can confirm that it's definitely Region 0 - it plays fine in my UK PS3. Had a quick fiddle about and the whole package looks to be fantastic. A wealth of extras and the PQ looks great from the quick flick through that I had. Here's hoping Holy Mountain and El Topo get similar blu-ray treatment sometime soon

Awesome! Thanks! Now...if I just don't eat for a few days, I can afford it...

BioZombie 4th February 2011 03:03 PM

Even though I really shouldnt be buying anthing due to my lack of funds I picked ordered a couple of disks from amazon.co.uk

Dead End Drive In (Anchor Bay)
The Spook Who Sat By The Door

Really looking forward to seeing both of them (or in the case of TSWSBTD seeing it again).