Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543405)
I was looking on the shelves in HMV for this yesterday but had no luck, I checked the docs, the world cinema, and (because they mis-shelf things) the horror section.
Have you seen it before? I must admit I'm not the biggest fan of Eurocrime movies but I like docs about movie genres :lol:

I ordered it from HMV but it hasn't been shipped yet. Not a preorder, i only went for it on Sunday night. The item i ordered alongside has been shipped though.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 10:51 AM

I was in town this morning and went to HMV to get the Eurocrime! DVD, but couldn't find it. I asked a member of staff and he went straight to the World Cinema section, where he found it without any problems! I suppose that's the downside of not having a 'Documentary' section, but the upside of staff who know what they're doing.

Justin101 25th July 2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 543434)
I was in town this morning and went to HMV to get the Eurocrime! DVD, but couldn't find it. I asked a member of staff and he went straight to the World Cinema section, where he found it without any problems! I suppose that's the downside of not having a 'Documentary' section, but the upside of staff who know what they're doing.

I'll check again this evening, our shop does have a Doc section but it wasn't in there, I presume it was in the Italian section? Unless your store just has 'World Cinema' but ours is divided by country.

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543437)
I'll check again this evening, our shop does have a Doc section but it wasn't in there, I presume it was in the Italian section? Unless your store just has 'World Cinema' but ours is divided by country.

Just ask a member of staff. They tend to know where things are. At least they do in the Manchester branch and the store Nos visited.

Justin101 25th July 2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 543438)
Just ask a member of staff. They tend to know where things are. At least they do in the Manchester branch.

I don't like talking to people :lol: That's why I buy online haha.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543437)

The one in town is presumably World Cinema because it isn't big enough to be divided into separate sections according to country of origin!

As Demdike said, do what I did and ask someone who will either find it on a shelf or go into the storeroom and bring you a copy.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543439)
I don't like talking to people :lol: That's why I buy online haha.

How about Click & Collect?

SymbioticFunction 25th July 2017 04:27 PM

Bought Tony Scott's The Hunger (HMV exclusive) today. Already watched it and I have to say that the blu-ray's PQ is outstanding. Was surprised by just how good it was. Highest recommendation. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 543442)
The one in town is presumably World Cinema because it isn't big enough to be divided into separate sections according to country of origin!

As Demdike said, do what I did and ask someone who will either find it on a shelf or go into the storeroom and bring you a copy.

They managed to find The Sadist Baron Von Klaus for me in Manchester when i couldn't even remember what it was called.

I felt quite foolish. "There's this film, it's a new release, i can't remember what it's called, sadistical something or other" was how the conversation began. I can sense Justin cringing already.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th July 2017 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 543473)
Bought Tony Scott's The Hunger (HMV exclusive) today. Already watched it and I have to say that the blu-ray's PQ is outstanding. Was surprised by just how good it was. Highest recommendation. :)

The Hunger is quite possibly my favourite Tony Scott film and the Blu is sublime.

A different animal for sure, but you should really check out the TV series too, SF. :)