Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

gag 27th July 2017 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 543752)
What baffles me more is the free time not the finances if I'm being honest. Most of what i buy these days is CEX or Amazon but i just don't come close to getting the time watch a fraction of the few bits i buy. Never mind factoring vid games and tv shows into it.

I get most my films from cex , charity shops , 2nd shops and places similar , I can't afford to pay £10 and above for a film, its only lately I've bought so many films, I'm lucky if I spend £20 a week .
And I'm defiantly buying more than I can watch I can honestly say my to watch pile is easily 100+ ..and the ones I do watch (well try) half time I fall asleep because I'm tired due to getting up every day at 4:45

Susan Foreman 27th July 2017 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 543757)
I get most my films from cex , charity shops , 2nd shops and places similar , I can't afford to pay £10 and above for a film, its only lately I've bought so many films, I'm lucky if I spend £20 a week .
And I'm defiantly buying more than I can watch I can honestly say my to watch pile is easily 100+ ..and the ones I do watch (well try) half time I fall asleep because I'm tired due to getting up every day at 4:45

Sounds very similar to me and my lifestyle

keirarts 27th July 2017 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One purchase. Now i'm 'between jobs' my purchases are going to plummet somewhat. Weirdly I've been online less as I've been out and about enjoying a bit of freedom...

Attachment 192969

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th July 2017 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 543752)
What baffles me more is the free time not the finances if I'm being honest. Most of what i buy these days is CEX or Amazon but i just don't come close to getting the time watch a fraction of the few bits i buy. Never mind factoring vid games and tv shows into it.

Yesterday, I had time to watch The Addams Family, four episodes of Veep, Tour de Pharmacy and a couple of episodes of Baywatch.

That's a film with a running time of under 100 minutes and under four hours of TV, making that day the bit of an oddity because of how much time the TV was on – I would usually watch much less than that!

Crimson Blade 27th July 2017 08:57 AM

Picked up another old Hammer classic from Final Cut.
Should be well worth watching if it's anything like PARANOIAC, and SCREAM OF FEAR.
Just need them to release THE SNORKEL next.

http://i66.tinypic.com/io0zyf.jpg

Rik 27th July 2017 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bit of time to kill, so I thought I'd pop into CEX and found this for a pound, only seen the Hammer remake so I'm looking forward to checking it out :nod:

Attachment 192971

Justin101 27th July 2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 543796)
Bit of time to kill, so I thought I'd pop into CEX and found this for a pound, only seen the Hammer remake so I'm looking forward to checking it out :nod:

Attachment 192971

It's so good! A really effective vampire movie! KILLER soundtrack as well which as a guitarist I know you'll like.

Rik 27th July 2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 543798)
It's so good! A really effective vampire movie! KILLER soundtrack as well which as a guitarist I know you'll like.

I've been meaning to check it out for ages, I liked Let Me In and have since read the book, so it was a no brainier really, especially for such a low price :nod:

Demoncrat 27th July 2017 10:34 AM

What he said.

I've read the book and have seen both.
Enjoy. This has one scene in particular that always catches me out ;)

Justin101 27th July 2017 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 543754)
What i'm trying to say is that being a presence on here is not the same thing as being able to watch films or tv all day as i'm sure b_e, Justin and others can testify to.

I'm a pro at ALT-Tab while I'm at work haha, although sometimes my boss does sneak up on my and I'm mid flow, but yes, most of the time I'm on here I'm actually at work. I also have no idea how Treb does it, but as he's said he doesn't watch/play the majority of what he gets and trades it back for something else.

I'm out from 8am to 6pm every day, get home, decompress, have something to eat, potter about, spend some time with the flatmate and my other half, it's 9:30-10pm before I know it, it's too late to start a film in case I fall asleep so I end up watching a bit of a TV show or some docs, or extra features on my BDs rather than the main feature :lol:

Weekends I'm more successful, and if I have a week off work (I get 7 weeks holidays!) I can watch 2-3 films each day.